Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Genecanuck

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Genecanuck

  1. Genecanuck replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Hi, I think there has been some confusion about the rules for this game so thought I would post them again in this thread. Hey we all quit smoking and we love our food junk or healthy it matters not - we just gotta eat! I will start with a food then the last letter of that food is the first letter of the next food ie Chicken........ nachos......... nice and simple - just like me And @QuittingGirl said Escargot Toast
  2. quail
  3. Finance Officers
  4. Genecanuck replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    knife fight
  5. Friday is here, and its time for all of us special window lickers to pat ourselves on the back for another smoke free week... So who is a certified professional window licker this week?
  6. Congratulations @Brioski... I hope you come and visit us, take a bow and tell us how you are doing!
  7. Celebrating 6 Months!!
  8. Genecanuck replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Fine and danday
  9. 8. Have it with coffee.
  10. Good morning @Breath-of-Power.... In your last post, you seem to searching for some kind of "identity" that is not there. It is not there, because in so many ways, our human minds construct what we identify with in life. That is why your mind is searching for a smoking identity and a non smoking identity. I think I identified with being a smoker in the past becasue I liked the feeling that nicotine gave me when I had a puff. All nicotine ever did was flip that 'ooh, that was good' switch deep inside my brain, without ever bothering to actually give me anything good. For me, this created a false identity that I liked being a smoker. Whatever we resist, will persisit. If we resist the identity of being a smoker, that false identity gets stronger. If we pursue the identity of being non-smoker, achieving that identity gets harder. The answer is to not endulge in building false identities. Maybe this is what you mean when you say, you had to "dismantle of the idea of 'enlightnement". The fact that you don't care is brilliant. You are ditching the pursuit of false identities. Best Regards, Gene
  11. Not smoking today. Major snow storm in Ottawa.
  12. Ballroom Blitz

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.