Everything posted by forestgreen
-
Aussie Fires
Close call, Cbdave, Still hazy around here, visibility very poor, some of us had our lights on whilst driving. You are further North than me, but forecast says no let up on the hot temperatures, and no rain in sight either. Just a thought ...its good that I don't smoke, I could be in trouble with breathing problems. I hope its just a Smokey Christmas and not a Firey Christmas fingers crossed.
-
Aussie Fires
Weather forecast near me ok, not so further south. Heard we had lots of volunteer Canadian Firefighters come over here. Just in time. Thank God for those guys/girls leaving their families at Christmas time to help us all out of trouble. Still smoke haze around me and could be more today. Unbelievable.
-
Phrase Connect Game
I'll be your sweetheart if you will be mine
-
True or False
False the best decisions are good things come in glass TNP Say it with a smile in your voice
-
Phrase Connect Game
Whatever tickles your fancy
-
True or False
False not enough hours in the day to enjoy Christmas functions and shop at the same time except for food. TNP Would like to wear daggy clothes to a Christmas Party
-
True or False
False mine are always frozen in time TNP A BBQ is always better because the cooking is always done by the men
-
Foods for Healthy Lungs
Thank you Sazerac, I eat everything except Onions, Pistachios and red wine. Fortunately my lungs are good, and cancer checks have found nothing so far. I have been taking Vitamin C (in tablet form) for around 40 years, I must have read it somewhere back then. It gets flushed out of your body pretty quickly. I also read somewhere (sorry didn't keep the research paper) that too many Pistachios can have a lethal effect? not really sure about this one though. What I am hoping to find is something that I can replace cake with, something with a bread like taste but not too many calories. I have put on 8 kilos since last year. I do exercises most days, but most likely need to do more. Of course understanding my Brain and Reward system is the first priority, then I can adjust my own new pathways for a reward. I am funnily enough going to an exercises physiologist today. This will throw some light on what types of exercises are suitable for my body. its just the reward of food I think which needs adjusting, although I am open to learning about the HALT material too.
- Phrase Connect Game
- The Significance of Rewards
-
Phrase Connect Game
I do not lie, only sometimes
-
Boo's Baby Guessing Game
I bet its a beautiful human being and I always win
-
What we are Thankful For
I am so grateful for every day; for my little Shih Tzu Maltese, for the clear skies; For Art and Music; For my family; and thanks to all of you for letting me in to your world.
-
Phrase Connect Game
two dimensions are flat
-
True or False
True, my interior rooms are wider than the height of ceilings TNP have to keep 10 trees pruned to around 12 feet high
-
True or False
True try not to gobble gobble TNP dieting keeps the mind sharp
-
Phrase Connect Game
wrong face sorry two-faced
-
Boo's New Dad Tips!
Loved all of these witty and funny snippets This new Dad should be well armed now.
-
Boo's New Dad Tips!
I went to school in England before coming to Aussie Land, The Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton was a favorite, along with Tom and the Water Babies, by Charles Kingsley. I loved reading Dr Seuss to my kids when they were little boys, I thought they were hilarious so did the kids.
-
Phrase Connect Game
That was a compliment not a put down
-
chicks or sticks
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this (in joke) is it because I am new to this forum? it doesn't seem helpful to me on the surface of things!
-
I relapsed after car crash
It seems you needed more support than that cigarette Vivianne, lucky you could go and see your neighbour for that much needed support, but not so lucky you took that cigarette as a habitual response. You and your daughter are well it appears which is great. The silly season is on us so we all have to think more, and slow down, as stress is the result. I am glad you are back on your bike (so to speak), you will need to learn from this. Yes and plenty of deep breathing needed with that cup of NOPE you can do it.
-
Fires and Smoke
Thank you all for your response and well wishes. I truly am one of the lucky ones, it was the first time I had to write out an evacuation list but thankfully didn't have to use it. I am well and happy and in our little community we are more aware of the feeling "it could happen to you" . Water is scarce but there again I am lucky, I have a recycled water tank, and used this on my trees and home before the fires hit. Some do not and the farmers are the ones hard hit this time around which they have had for some time now. All in all it's good to be alive and Christmas shopping has now got the green light again. Incidentally I dreamt of pulling heaps of notes out of my purse which of course is a reality now.
-
Fires and Smoke
We have had horrendous Bush Fires in the Coastal Region of Australia, where I live just recently. Up to 84 Fires all alight at the same time, making it difficult for the Firefighters to attend every event. I can now see two stretches of trees instead of one a few days ago, but its much better than none. We are all left with the Smoky Haze which has been around for about a week now. At one of the worst stages near me, it looked like a sunset in the middle of the day. I am glad I don't smoke now, as hundreds of people went to Emergency hospital for breathing difficulties. Firefighters came from all over Australia to help us, unfortunately hundreds lost their homes, and some their lives. The Koalas too, have lost their homes and lives. We have a Koala Hospital near me and hundreds of volunteers, have been helping the sick and injured little ones. Thank God for the Firefighters and all the volunteers, Glad to be Australian.
-
Reaching out
A cigarette never resolves the issues we have. We are not perfect, we are always learning about ourselves and others.