Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

forestgreen

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by forestgreen

  1. Dam we'll have to build another wall
  2. forestgreen replied to Jimmyss's topic in Games
    True The Gnomes told me TNP There are fairies at the bottom of my garden
  3. Eager as a Beaver
  4. forestgreen replied to Jimmyss's topic in Games
    False Wherever I hang my hat that's my home. I say that to whoever I am staying with at the time which gives them a fright. TNP I own my own Gardening tools
  5. You have answered your own resolve really Heather Dianne..... Just keep looking straight ahead no matter how squashed you feel.
  6. Love me or leave me
  7. NOPE - Not one puff ever
  8. A different feel. A different Song.. Sung in the same way
  9. Something smells good
  10. forestgreen commented on Vivianne's blog entry in Viv's corner
    I start with a Plan for most things, but I don't need a plan when I am in crisis, because when you are in the middle of the crisis, you just deal with it. Its afterwards when the crisis ends which is my personal enemy. If it is overcome, I celebrate in my mind, and draw comfort from that, or let everyone know of the event. If it still has repercussions, I diligently make some headway in trying to repairing me and the problem. After no lingering doubt remains in my mind and a genuine solution is being sought. I then add to or subtract from my original plan or change my plan completely. .. I am still a work in progress.
  11. Love is all around us so warm and fuzzy
  12. Anywhere I hang my hat is home
  13. Ah! that "old expression you never knew how much you missed it till it was gone" I was just wondering whether those people who thought they were obsessing, were in fact going over old times in a more nostalgic way. At the moment, I am obsessing about food, it's difficult to start lowering your intake, when Christmas is just around the corner. I think Sazerac mentioned H.A.L.T. a few weeks ago, I have been practicing this more now, and only eat when I am hungry. .This could be useful for those that are finding it difficult to stop obsessing with difficult thinking. it might not be the urge to smoke but the urge for something else in the past. Just a thought
  14. forestgreen posted a topic in Socializing
    I was just scrolling through the website and read two topics regarding difficulty in obsessing with thoughts of smoking. I don't know what it's like in other countries, but in Australia they have a huge amount of old movies every week, some of these were great old masterpieces, others not so much. Throughout these repeats, were people (movie stars) smoking in various environments and in various conditions. I wonder if the Tobacco Companies, have a monopoly on this inadvertently reminder, (advertising) and what it says to our young people. "It is cool to smoke" was and still is the message. It is difficult when the obsessing is a visual act put up on the screen for everyone to see. My thoughts are Why does the Cancer Council allow these movies to be run over and over again? Do they have any say in this? and is there any sway to ban the old movies with only the smoking aspect which represent the attitude of normality. Does it put people off (like me) or do they remind others that they used to smoke and sets up the nostalgia of our memories connected to smoking? Our thoughts are re enforced with images, and feelings,. Going back in time is not always a comforting feeling. Being in the present is the only way to move forward at times.
  15. I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down
  16. I have a low maintenance garden
  17. Such a relief, yesterday and last night plenty of rain. I'm not sure if its in all the right places outer farmland and inland. For me 1.6 mm, quite lot . chance of showers 50 percent, instead of none. Maybe we can enjoy Christmas now instead of worrying.
  18. What page are you on? You skipped the last page lol
  19. The score is the outcome whoever played the game
  20. If it wasn't so serious, Great photo.... Everything Ok near where I live, Damm Hot though, I'm inside today with the Air Conditioner on, so no smoke air filling my lungs at present. Outside, White Haze....This seems to be our "White Christmas". Will be travelling tomorrow, near the bush areas so keeping my eye out and my camera. at the ready. .
  21. I learnt the power of detachment a very long time ago...maybe 40 years ago now, it is also related to Art because "I do Art" and used this when I was in family gatherings, where the chitter chatter drove me crazy. I continued Art in my head, and took photos with my mind, when I couldn't stand the strain, I took photos with my camera. For the simple reason I was quite capable of observing, but the only difference in this scenario is that, the distraction lasts for the time it belongs to this particular event. The concentration of a particular object, is for me paramount to other than beauty, its like a seed of understanding that I wish to explore further. So unfortunately this is not one that I can use very often because my wave length is too long. What I am learning is that the power over myself and understanding of myself needed to be put in order as I was used to listening to my own drummer and no on else's. Now I realize that my common failure if you like is through not listening enough, and the detachment has progressed to a physical shield around me, which doesn't let me get caught in the trap of trying to solve everything. I now can observe and join in with love to my fellow man rather than as the thought of "Family" this works for me now, and I think I have become a better human being than before. So to cut a long story short, its been a tough thought process of learning to understand my reactions to myself. so maybe tough love is the answer for me. I have to learn to hate the thought of smoking without hating myself in the process. A bit deep but there you go I like philsophophy too.
  22. Not one Puff Ever to keep in my mind loud and clear
  23. Too many beats in the bar change the rhythm
  24. I beat time on the kitchen table

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.