Everything posted by Kate18
-
2020 Quitters Name Poll - Vote Now
Well, I forgot to check in with the main discussion forum, and missed the voting by a couple of hours. Rats. However, I'd have voted for Freedom Force, and I see that it won the most votes, so no loss for my not voting. It sounds great. "May the Freedom Force be with You" all you newbees and wannabees. It's totally doable. Literally, if I can finally do it, you can too. Never give up on yourself. Find your "WHY?" and you will find a way
-
Tuesday 1st September 2020
NOPE
-
Monday 31st August 2020
NOPE My daughter just had a baby boy. Another reason to say N.O.P.E.
-
Yaay, 6 months, half a year!
Hopefully the cruise ships will be running again in six months when I'm ready for the Lido Deck!
-
Yaay, 6 months, half a year!
I LOVE this photo! It's about how I feel right now. All the years of being off and on the QSMB and now here are past, and I have finally arrived at a time when smoking is just a dim memory. How could I ever have smoked in the first place?! Did you know that -- did I mention -- I started smoking because my daughter was moving home from the college dorms? We were sitting outside under a dark, hot middle eastern sky on the porch swing, and she said she had to tell me something. "You're pregnant?" "NO!" She said, "I smoke." "No problem," says I. So I schemed. I started smoking for camaraderie and thought, "I'll smoke for a few months and then I'll quit and she'll see how easy it is, and she'll quit, too." Unbelievable hubris. She quit six years ago. She had quit during her pregnancy, but started in after she quit nursing the baby. She realized how stupid it was to go out on the porch and leave her toddler in the play pen, so she quit. And, speaking of stupid, I couldn't get myself to keep a quit. I struggled so hard and long. It just takes a big enough "Why," but I couldn't convince myself. Then the coronavirus hit, and that's all it took. Ya smoke, ya get the virus, ya die. I would probably have started up again by now, though, except that I've found the stock market. My portfolio is up more than 30% after less than three months, and I learn more every day about how to create and maintain a profitable portfolio. (I'm a buy and hold, not an active or day trader). Throughout all of this time, Doreen, I remember you being on the forum and so supportive. Your participation and support have meant a lot. Thank you Kate
-
Yaay, 6 months, half a year!
Thanks. Just LOVE Morgan Freeman. One of my all time favorite actors! So happy he's cheering for me
-
Yaay, 6 months, half a year!
Whew! I feel more like a nonsmoker now than I did during months 0-5 I think I go for a day or two and no thought of cigarettes, or maybe tiny fleeting thoughts. Cravings are gone.
- Sunday 23rd August 2020
-
Doreen at Seven Years
You are a rock, Doreen. It means so much that you continue to support those of us who are still new in our quits. You are like a beacon of light that shows us the possibility of longer, life long quits. Thank you, and congratulations!
-
Saturday 22nd August 2020
NOPE
-
Friday 21st August 2020
NOPE I'm craving a smoke right now, which is odd, because it's been weeks since that last happened. Stress, I imagine, and frustration with stock analysis. However, NOPE, because one doesn't just throw away an almost 6 month quit over company valuation analysis overwhelm. Think I'll have a cold beer, instead.
-
Thursday 20th August 2020
NOPE
-
Tuesday 18th August 2020
NOPE
-
Wednesday 12th August 2020
Nope, always NOPE
-
Tuesday 11th August 2020
NOPE
-
Tuesday 4th August 2020
NOPE I've put all of the money that I've saved by not smoking into stocks. I started it about two months ago. My portfolio is up 30%. Much better than smoking.
-
Saturday 1st August 2020
NOPE
-
Do our 2020 Quitters have a name?
Well, it's almost August, so I'm casting my vote for "Freedom Force." It makes me think of Yoda, "Do or do not, there is no 'try'." How many times did I say that I was "trying" to quit smoking?
-
Do our 2020 Quitters have a name?
May the Force be with you I like it
- Monday 27th July 2020
-
Up In Smoke celebrates TWO WEEKS of Freedom
Nice! Congrats on 2 Weeks!
-
Mona Celebrates Three Months Today!!!
Congratulations Mona, three months is a significant accomplishment! It feels so good, right?
-
Five Months!
Just realized when I posted on the pledge page that my ticker said 5 months and 11 hours. If the ticker says it, it must be true. Wow! It's a good feeling. It gets easier and easier, and only a couple of times a day do I think of a cigarette--most of the time, only when I smell smoke or see one stomped out on the ground. Have a great day, everyone
-
Wednesday 22nd July 2020
NOPE
- Thursday 16th July 2020