Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. My heart hurts for you my friend, really tough times. Can't say I disagree with him, that Chemo is a tough gig and it's supposedly a less painful journey without. Hoping for miracles. Thinking of you Chrispy. x
  2. 21.191 for you Beth, thank you for the journey I, and all here travelled together with you. May your belief carry you gently to a place where your soul can rest easy. RIP. x
  3. I think anytime you become complacent then a relapse is possible. So it could hit at any time if you get over confident I think. xx
  4. This all resonates with me so I hope it's ok to comment again. I can confirm your child will be utterly delighted! They have more of a clue then we give them credit for! Your Mum will do what she must do for herself and my advice is to keep your journey very seperate. Sometimes, a quit can inspire, but sometimes it doesn't. Just hold your own space and do it for you and your child :) x
  5. Great job! Hard to walk away sometimes but exactly what you said - you know too much, you felt too bad whilst smoking - no such thing as "one". Congrats on your first week free!! x
  6. Still winning replied to Tyme2B's topic in Celebrations!
    congrats to you guys. x
  7. I hear you too! Pleased you are taking some control back. x
  8. You are all in my thoughts. x
  9. Still winning commented on IndigoChilde's blog entry in IndigoChilde's Blog
    Creating distractions is an excellent plan! Sounds like the nico funeral must have gone well :) Congrats! x
  10. You are doing great. Your Mum won't get it at the moment and will think she's helping to offer - explain it's not now not ever, it will help you. x
  11. Aw buddy, so sorry. x
  12. 2 days, how amazing, good for you!! Your body will be regulating itself and start telling you when you're thirsty and hungry etc. Smoking masked a lot of our basic needs! The great news with that is that you are already healing and fixing yourself. Fruit juice will dispose of the nicotine quicker, quench the thirst and help the dips you might feel with tiredness too. It calms after 3 days. x
  13. Well that's one job down today then :) As always, you've said it well...hey, you should consider writing :) Your quit has been a tremendous one, it has taken down all and any excuses and dragged others along in it's wake. I would suggest you are as supremely powerful as you want to be with words as your weapon of choice. I want to be witty or something but that's your area. My side of this equation always seemed to be the emotive crazy so let's all stick to our remit .... It's good to have a buddy, everyone likes to feel worthwhile and befriended. This was different though, a quit buddy is a special bond and I often wondered how two very different people could support each other when they are worlds apart but I feel like we did that, each for the other and I'm so very glad and honoured to have travelled the journey with you. You inspire me and others every single day. So thank you for this friendship because it has meant that we both followed the path to understanding and supporting. It's meant that "will" you talk of had some back up. I can't write more, I'm already 3 tissues into this write up :) Hoping there is a treat in store for you today! Congrats on the most excellent adventure for 2 years!! x
  14. But think how good those people will feel if they can help you! Everyone loves to help if it's easy which cross referring is :) Don't over think it my friend and good luck in your job search. x
  15. That's because you lot are nuts. When you said you were driving to Disney I thought wow, why, don't they do planes out in the sticks? ;)
  16. Hi and welcome. How's day 3 shaping up? x
  17. As if I will tell Chris that...I'd lose him lol. No travelling for us this year, we are poor whore's with the whole moving house and me starting work means we'll be worse off (remember I got loads of allowances cause I was a carer). So if anyone hits up Buckinghamshire or London, I might be able to meet. x
  18. Brilliant to read. Thank you for sharing. x
  19. Massive congrats to you Comrade. 2 years is fabulous and I saw Julie had made it on facebook. Love to you and Aine and pleased to hear all is well in the comrade world. x
  20. Yay Laura, you're back on here. Massive congrats on the week my friend!! Told you the planning was worse then the doing :) x
  21. Always correct, it's a curse :)
  22. Nothin like building it up for ages.... I did start reading this and thought I'm sure he's an Aries!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.