Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0 :P Oh and by the way, where the hell is Bakon! Isn't this his game??
  2. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -1
  3. Yeah - OK ...................NOPE!!
  4. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    5-post John is a member of Donald J. Trump's communications team and is so busy vetting crazy tweets, he can't possibly devote more time to posting here.
  5. Yes - coming here and posting as well as reading other quitter's posts will help you a lot - IMO.
  6. Hey D! My Mother will turn 97 this year in Nov. She smoked for probably 25 years and has had cancer twice in her life - she's still with us and even living on her own in a 2 story house (she's a little cranky at times but ???). You'll be just fine :) you've done the most important thing for yourself that you can do :D
  7. Don't you dare Stewie! I think I would give up if you caved in after almost a year. When you get to the status some of you are at then you are somewhat responsible for us newbies being successful too you know. We read all the posts and look to the long term people for inspiration when we are struggling so don't show us any weakness - just carry on with what you have fought so hard for B)
  8. Amen :mellow:
  9. Oh man ... I have a strong feeling this isn't good ?? :unsure:
  10. ^^^^ Well said Boo.
  11. Gasoline smells great too. Much safer to sniff it now that I don't smoke :rolleyes:
  12. What? Who's Ginger????
  13. I'm sad now for you Evelyn .... Guess I haven't been around long enough to understand the issues. Just want everyone to quit for themselves. If they don't want to .... I mean REALLY don't want to then, that's their choice and I'm OK with that. I will carry on with the commitment I have made to myself regardless. I'm gonna fight my own battle against this addiction. I hope you find the strength one day to fight to the finish as well :)
  14. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    No idea what's going on in this thread but the Dr. guy in the photo above looks very much like the drug kingpin guy in Breaking Bad - you know .... the guy who owned the chicken (pollo) place? Never mind ..... carry on .....................
  15. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    1
  16. Great that your twin daughters are such individuals. Makes things interesting :P And yes, we are very fortunate to live in places that are accepting of everyone's freedom to choose their own path in life. Still a lot of places on this earth where this is impossible :(
  17. Yeah, I can imagine all the things you are feeling at the moment. Like you, I grew up in the same boy meets girl; marriage, babies, white picket fence era. The world is a much different place now and that's a good thing when it comes to relationships I suppose. Everyone deserves to pursue their dreams and desires in life without fear of persecution from others. That's not always been the case. Good for you in supporting your daughter. Bet you're both even closer now than ever. I love my daughter too and support her in every way I can - daughters are fabulous :D
  18. Welcome to this wonderful place Lisa. Others here have already high-lighted a few important things: Total commitment to never taking even one more puff once you extinguish that last smoke and take back your life! Read all the information you can here and where ever you can find it about just how addictive this habit is and just how bad it is for you. Read the posts of people here that have gone through the very same thing you will be going through - it helps you to know you're not alone or feeling different things than others that are quitting. Come to this board as often as you can. Post up what you're going through, read other's posts. It will be an important part of your quit. The people here are all very supportive if you are serious about your quit. They will help you along through the early days. Be sure to go to the NOPE pledge page very day and post there. Helps you to reinforce your quit each day. Maybe also get a ticker for your signature so you can track your progress - it's fun to see how far you've come. Best wishes to you Lisa. Let us know how you're doing along the way :)
  19. NOPE for me on this Thursday! Batten down the hatches D :D
  20. Smarten up Pig!! You remember watching your father die with a plastic tube shoved down his throat to prolong his life? Do you remember cleaning your sister's house of the dark brown nicotine stains that covered her ceilings and walls after she had died from smoking? Even you as a smoker you couldn't believe how bad that was. Through all that you continued to smoke and ignore the clear evidence that smoking kills in a very ugly way. Then years later you somehow decided to quit. You did something they never were able to do and now you're even thinking of throwing that away - don't you dare do that. Do anything but that!!
  21. Wow - that was pretty epic Joe. Hope in the end your lawyer crushes him like the fukcing arsewipe bug he is. Keep us posted :)
  22. I just figured out who this Babs is .... lol. What a newbie I am :unsure: Anyway, Happy Birthday to you Babs and many more to come :D
  23. PLEASE DON'T SMOKE!! (for your sake)
  24. Just carry on and do the best you can. No one can expect more than that. Push the smoking thing out of your mind altogether. You're done with that now and you know it wouldn't help anything anyway - only makes things worse and why would you want to do that??

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.