Everything posted by Reciprocity
-
What's For Dinner: Part 2
No marinade for those just a light brush with olive oil or mustard on just as a binder for the spices I add. I then sprinkle with SPG (Salt, Pepper, Garlic). The other thing I do, which I've found makes them plump up a bit and keeps them nice and juicy during the cook, is before putting the oil or mustard binder on & spices on I boil water then pour the boiling water into a bowl where I've put the wings until they're covered. Let them sit in the hot water for 5 mins. Then pull them out and put the binder on then spice them. Give that a try sometime, no matter what your cooking method is. I think you'll like the result. It takes out some of the grease from the fat layer under the skin yet premiates the meat keeping it moist through the cooking process. I use just med. heat - nothing super high heat as that dries anything out. I find the biggest issue people have with wings is over-cooking them to be safe with the internal temp. I never use a meat themometer on my wings and have never had any issues with food poisioning. A little pink on meat close to the bone is not an issue in my experience. Pink but not blood red! (Just a note: I would use a little mustard as a binder for the spices rather than oil if cooking in an oven - for safety reasons there'll be no mustard taste after cooking if you use just a thin coating painted on with a basting brush).
- chicks or sticks
-
Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Crossed 9 years...
- Day 5 - Stress in work, thoughts about nicotine
Don't worry @Dejvis93, everything you're experiencing is normal. Quitting is like a roller coaster for anyone. Some days you're up the the next you're down again. It just is part of the quitting territory. It WILL smooth out with more time quit. Stay focussed on the positives you're seeing. Soon there'll be more up days than down days. (I didn't even read Johnny 5's post until after i posted; great minds think alike 😁 Just goes to show we all go through similar things as we quit!) Rock on brother!- chicks or sticks
- Day 4 - Running, Donating Plasma, and Forgetting the Count
Keep at it! You'll get there but be aware, this nicotine addiction thing can be really tricky at times. You'll be sailing along feeling pretty good about things then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, a monster crave will hit you when you least expect it. Just be aware of that and ready to deal with it when it does happen. It's often when something else not even related to vaping happens in your life. Suddenly, your mind goes straight to what it thinks is it's comfort place (vaping). Carry on sir!- Getting off at the next station
Welcome back D! Glad you had a good time. Did you bring back 4 or 5 other chicks to help you out in the counting game?- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- Day 3 - Dreams and morning wood
Congrats @Dejvis93! 3 Days is a fantastic start. I like that you're seeing the positives of quitting alread (better taste & smell). Think about all the $$ you're saving as well. That's a plus too. Keep forging ahead my friend and don't let anything get in the way of your mission to quit!- Monday 10th June 2024
Nope!- Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Posting Your Milestone
Congrats at your 3 tough fought days of Smobriety @Dejvis93!! 3 days free of putting nicotine into your body means nicotine has now been flushed out of your entire body and that's a huge accomplishment. Now your mission is to keep it out! You're on the right path to do just that so keep your focus & you'll get there; no question about it.- chicks or sticks
- What's For Dinner: Part 2
- Sunday 9th June 2024
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- Day 2 - It is not getting easier (obviously)
I can see you're very focused on this quit. That's a GOOD THING! Slow and steady is how it's done. Remain committed to your quit and always remember; there's no such thing as just one puff.- Saturday 8th June 2024
Nope!- Day 2 - It is not getting easier (obviously)
One day at a time my friend. The progression is much slower than any of us would like to see it but there are magical things happening within you even now. 3 full days without nicotine and your body is free of it. That's a start, getting that crap out of your body. It doesn't mean you won't crave it any longer but it is the first step in truly healing. The rest, the longer part of quitting, is adjusting to not connecting having a smoke or vape to almost everything you do during the day; retraining your brain so it no longer demands that vape after eating, while driving, as a reward for finishing a task ... you get the idea. That's all just repetition, over and over, day after day. It really does get easier as time passes providing you just don't smoke/vape. You don't see that now but you will if you hang in there long enough- that I can promise you!- chicks or sticks
- Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Day 1 - First challenge
Fabulous achievement @Dejvis93! I love how you are focused on exercising and your morning runs. Exercise is a great way to take your mind off vaping. I also understand your difficulty in focusing at work. That;s what we call "brain fog" and it's very common amoung new quitters. It will not last for too long but yes, it make getting things done tough at times. Another thing you said: "24 hours will be a reason to selebrate and then, another day! but today, I focus on now and today." That's exactly what you need to do, focus on one day at a time; sometimes even one hour at a time just to make it through a particularly tough craving. Looking too far down the road can be overwhelming so just take things a bit at a time like you're doing. If you fond yourself at a loss for something to take your mind off things, there's a 'Games" page here on the site. Check it out sometime if you're looking for something to do. Again; big congrats on Successfully Completing Day #1!! - Crossed 9 years...