Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

johnny5

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by johnny5

  1. Welcome to QuitTrain, HeatherDianne. Yes, you cannot give into these thoughts. Remember, thoughts and craves are not commands. You can fight through this. Also, you are right about how posting here can help keep you accountable. Talking through what you are experiencing really helps as does reaching out to the people here at times like this. If you are really tempted to light up, please go to the SOS part of the site and the people here will help talk you through it. Starbucks is a great idea. It is really good to reward yourself for staying smoke free early on...although quitting smoking in itself is a huge reward. Sazerac has a great post about the significance of rewards. It is definitely worth reading.
  2. Congratulations @abbynormal
  3. Awesome work, Juan!
  4. NOPE - I don't smoke anymore.
  5. NOPE - I don't smoke anymore.
  6. Welcome to QuitTrain, Urkster! Congratulations on deciding to quit smoking. It is one of the best things you can possibly do. Stick close to this site. Read up on nicotine addiction and reach out if you are struggling. It is good to have you here.
  7. johnny5 replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0
  8. NOPE - never again.
  9. johnny5 commented on Kate18's blog entry in Personal SOS Space
    You are doing great, Kate. Never take another puff and you will be fine.
  10. NOPE - I don't smoke anymore.
  11. Happy Halloween
  12. NOPE Happy Friday everybody 😎
  13. Happy smoke free birthday, @Vivianne
  14. johnny5 replied to Boo's topic in Socializing
    A lot going on with the Cubs today. It was announced that David Ross will be the new Cubs' skipper. This is his first managerial job. He is a fan favorite not only with the Cubs but also with quite a few other teams that he played for in his long journeyman career. Heck, my parents know who he is and they don't even follow baseball - they know him from Dancing with the Stars.🙄 I do hope things go well for him and I do expect there to be some significant roster changes in the offseason. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/latest-on-david-ross-cubs.html Also of note, Cubs star third baseman Kris Bryant will be having his grievance hearing held sometime this week with Major League Baseball. His argument, for those who haven't followed it, is that his promotion to the major league team from the minors was purposely delayed for a few weeks into the 2015 season so the Cubs could keep him for one more year under salary control. It is obvious the Cubs did this but the bs reasons they came up with are legit enough arguments in my opinion. I don't think Bryant wins but I could very well be wrong. It is kinda complicated and I'm not good at explaining the full details of this. The cusp is that if Bryant wins his grievance hearing, the Cubs will have him for one more year before he becomes a free agent. If he loses, the Cubs will have him for two more years...unless they trade him. More details below... https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/kris-bryant-grievance-to-be-heard-this-week.html I'm happy about the Ross signing. Bryant is a great talent but I kinda hope they trade him if they can find the right deal. Oh, I just can't get into an Astros/Nationals World Series so I already consider this the offseason.
  15. NOPE - I don't smoke anymore.
  16. johnny5 replied to Vivianne's topic in Celebrations!
    How are you doing today, @Vivianne ?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.