Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sunnyside

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sunnyside

  1. Welcome @Sunshineyou seem to have a great mindset already. Cold turkey doesn't have to be scary. I found the best way to deal with the craving were, to except that they will happing, try not to fight them. Rejoice that your body is cleansing itself. Look forward to watching your journey 😊
  2. Sunnyside replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    @Kdadit will pass. I read something awhile ago which has stuck with me. "Choose your pain" choose the pain from quitting (now) or the pain from not! (Later on)
  3. Welcome to the forum @mediahoundhope day one is going OK for you.
  4. Good for you @Oslo for realising while you are still young that this addiction isn't worth giving it anymore of your time. You have already tried and failed lots of times, that says alot about the fact you are serious about quitting. Now has to be the commitment from you that no matter how bad the craving are at first you have to do anything else but smoke. Have a look around watch some of the videos and get yourself in the right mind set to quit, we will be with you all the way 😉
  5. Congratulations on your 5 years smoke free 👏
  6. Yay! 9 months is amazing 👏
  7. Totally understand. It's a horrible addition! Think if you hold tight, you will never have to deal with this issue ever again 😊
  8. Sunnyside replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Yeah, I struggled with sleep for awhile. It's not too bad now. Just getting very vivid dreams. Stick with it the early days are rough just remember nobody dies from a craving but smoking can kill you!
  9. Wow! That is amazing Jim. Thank you for stopping by and giving us this inspiring post.
  10. Sunnyside replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Hi @KdadNice to see you here. This is a tough process but a worthwhile one. Try to do as others have said. Drink loads of water it really does help with the cravings. Remember with each craving your body is healing. You can do this 💪
  11. Wow!! Congratulations on being one year smoke free!! @AceWhite
  12. Welcome @JudiMD sorry to hear about your diagnosis I hope you have a speedy recovery. Stick to this board and we can help you through 😊
  13. @intoxicated yodayeah there is definitely a link with me. I think because I have been off work this week I have been drinking more caffeine. Apart from the morning (which i need to wake me up) i just drink water in work. Today i have been drinking just water and feel alot better
  14. Bacon is life. I couldn't get ridded of it in my diet 😊 I really struggled yesterday evening, but realised later on that I had drank quite afew cups of tea ( I can't give it up altogether but have cut down alot). Once I realised, I started to drink some water and felt better. Ended up taking myself to bed earlier and today has been better so far. I also noticed the taste of ciggies in my mouth, so whether some tar was clearing from my lungs which contributed to the strong craving along with too much caffeine, im not sure, I also had a strong smoking dream last night, that was fun. Still smoke free though, today is another day 😁
  15. Well done @KELon your 4 months. Awesome work!!!
  16. Well done on staying strong! And now being nicotine free. I have tried afew nrt products but I found cold turkey works better for me. Stay close and post if you need help. We are here to listen 🙌
  17. Oops 😬 hahaha! Thanks for telling me, well it nice to meet you 😊 and thank you for the kind words
  18. Hey @johnny5nice to hear from you. I feel different this time. So far its not been too bad, I dont want to jinx it though.😁 @KEL yeah, the experiment is well and truly over, that little niggle in the back of my mind has been answered. Not going to fall for it again. @AceWhitenever a true word said! It really is a bitch 😊

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.