Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

action

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by action

  1. Now only 9 :d
  2. Hi Amy, welcome to the board! Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking - the best decision you could ever make :) I used to think that I would never be able to quit smoking; I had quit many (many) times in the past only to relapse a few days/weeks/months later. I never knew why I kept relapsing. I know now that the reasons I couldn't stay quit were: 1. Education. I did not even know that 1 cigarette can awaken my addiction. I did not know that my mind was trying to trick me to smoke. I did not know that the only way to make the withdrawals stop for good was to never smoke again. I did not know to take it one day at a time. 2. Support. My wife and most of my friends and family are never-smokers. They simply did not understand me and I did not feel like I was able to get the support needed to stay quit. 3. Accountability. I was not accountable to anyone; if I relapsed, no one was particularly bothered; they were probably expecting it anyway ;). Now I have the board members to be accountable to. How can I help them beat their own addictions if I can't control my own. How could I possibly post on here and tell some of my dear friends that I smoked... No way! I think you will like it here and we will be very happy to have you :)
  3. Thank you. I will have the biggest one, whichever that is ;)
  4. I count a total of 10 new members that have registered but are yet to post! Please post an introduction and tell us about yourselves - you can tell us as much or as little as you like :) We don't bite, honest!* *OK some of us might bite a little bit, but not very hard ;)
  5. Now I can do this. (((Holly))) !!! :) I like that name ;)
  6. OK Lisa, I am extremely impressed! I know from others how hard that can be to loose weight, so I am very proud of you for what you have achieved. Just amazing!!!
  7. Thank you for sharing and putting your trust in all of us. That is a big deal. Personally, I think you are a very brave woman, and after reading this I believe that you can quit smoking for good. Good to speak with you Evelyn. And just so you know, when you post it doesn't matter if it is the true Evelyn, or one of your 'alters', I will treat you all equally; I will try to help in any way that I can :)
  8. action replied to Evelyn's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Evelyn, so glad you made it. You sound better already. This will give you strength for your next challenge. Remember after 72 hours the nicotine will have left your body and then it is all in your mind. You are doing great :)
  9. I agree with everything you said. I re-pledge my commitment for 1 year (I too already pledged somewhere else). Sorry people, you are stuck with me for a while :p
  10. action replied to Evelyn's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    That deserves an 'Atta girl :d
  11. Marti, sorry I forgot to say you are doing everything you can and you sound like a wonderful daughter!!!
  12. You are not a hypocrite Sue, you are merely asking for some boundaries in the early part of your quit. That is completely fair. When you have smoked 'anywhere', was someone else around you trying to quit? If not then this is not the same situation. My wife never smoked - she hates smoking. So that meant that I always smoked outside, and never in the house. I just had to respect her on this. Remember that you are not denying yourself of cigarettes, you simply choose not to smoke them anymore. You have chosen freedom over smoking. Great choice :) I know what it's like not to receive support from friends and family - that is why I am here. That is why I spend so much time here. To get support. And I am always here to give that back. So remember that I will give you support whenever you need it. There is no limit to the amount I will give. I am here for you. :)
  13. I always hated people telling me I needed to quit in the past. In hindsight I wish I'd listened to them. It sounds like her inner junkie is telling her that it is too hard to quit. I would have hoped by now that she would have seen how well you are doing and seen that it is possible. I am no expert in these matters but I think if you stay smoke free (I know you will) I think she will finally see that it is possible to quit and stay quit. I just hope she sees it sooner rather than later... I think it is sweet that you went out and got all those NRTs for her - is she willing to try. Boy do I hate addiction.
  14. Yay Dors! Congratulations. Why not post and say hello :)
  15. action replied to Evelyn's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Evelyn, you don't have to feel lonely; we are your quit smoking family and we are here for you. Sure we may only be words in a screen, but behind those words are real people. And those people care for you and are your friends now. Vent all you want, and we will still be here for you. Remember that all of these bad feelings are only temporary. Each day breath you will be stronger. Remember your David and Goliath comment, and remember that David won. You can 'win' too I will be around for the next hour or so if you need me. (((Hugs)))
  16. Wow DJ you really are rocking this quit!! You and your husband have amazing quits and we all really enjoying reading your posts - I hope to hear about some new adventures soon :) Really glad you are here!!!!!
  17. action replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Bakon, you posted at about 5.30 am. I was definitely not awake!
  18. How do your guinea pigs feel about thunderstorms? I hope they don't get scared! :)
  19. Yay Donna!!! Massive congratulations!!!
  20. Well done Evelyn. Celebrate every day if you like!! You are doing this and 3 days is amazing :)
  21. Congratulations on 6 months - that's a big one :) And thanks for everything you've done over the last 6 months, even when it was a (much needed) kick on the butt! I'm really happy for you!!
  22. Is it really 9 months already Nancy? I remember how excited you were to be a YP... Now you are closer to an OP than a YP. You really do brighten up the day, and I probably don't have the words to describe what you friendship means to me - thanks for always being there. Love you!
  23. Congrats Doreen. You are tireless in the support you give for others. You are appreciated by all! It has been a good few days hadn't it :) All my love
  24. Ohhhh I like this one Nancy ;)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.