How long can you hold your breath?

babs609

50 seconds

Now that will be really useful when.......

Umm.....

When.......

Lol. When I first came up with this it was to test a theory that lung capacity increases after you quit. In the absence of medical testing equipment this little excercise is quite an eye opener :-)

• Like 2

I remember doing this earlier in my quit and at 6 months i was about 45 seconds.

Now at 21 months smober--65 seconds!

Pretty cool to see an improvement over time.

Impressive ;)

I'm gonna go try it out, but even 45 seconds sounds out of reach for me. Brb

• Like 1

Lol. When I first came up with this it was to test a theory that lung capacity increases after you quit. In the absence of medical testing equipment this little excercise is quite an eye opener :-)

Scary thing is I actually did it...

Think we need to get out more?

I will be back monthly though ;)

• Like 1

i am wetting myself here as i have a visual of you lot all puffed cheeks and turning red trying to focus on the second hand - oh lordy my belly aches

sorry babs I will have to get back to you with serious answer when I compose myself  :lol:

• Like 3

Every month I blow candles out on a monitor, it's not so bad if you pretend it's your birthday lol   Hey, ever consider a peak flow meter?  I think it reduces your risk of passing out?

peakflowmeterhigh.jpg

• Like 1