Everything posted by MarylandQuitter
- NOPE
-
Rest in Peace, my dear Jim
Looks like a very kind man, Nancy. Thinking about you. For what it's worth, this picture of Jim made me smile. :)
-
Any Walking Dead Fans?
I'm watching it right now...had to stay away from this thread because I was too tempted to look at the spoilers. :)
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- Sunday 12th
-
Ok shift over on the deck, make way for our hugglemonster Action :)
So he really is a streaker? lol I didn't choose that answer in Jenny's poll.
- chicks or sticks
-
Sometimes
It probably needs to go and be forgotten just like the Steelers loss to Tampa and the beating they're going to take on Sunday.
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
-
Sigh. And sad news :'(
So sorry, HM. Will be thinking about you and your family.
-
Little do you know
It's all over Twitter that there is a class action lawsuit against Alex and Sierra for brutally butchering countless songs. There is no way that we could ethically sell them at the store.
-
stress
Yes, that feeling of wanting to smoke when stressed will go away. Stress, however, will not. Stress will always be in our lives, sometimes more than others but make no mistake about it, it's just a part of doing business on planet earth. During this last year of being smoke-free, stress has not sent me to want to smoke. When I relapsed in 2013, it was the excuse that I used to convince myself that I needed to smoke. I told myself it would calm me down, allow me to escape (even if only for a few minutes) and bring me back to a familiar place that used to bring me peace. What I found when I chose to relapse was the exact opposite. That place I thought was familiar was no longer there. Once I knew the truth about smoking, that place could never exist for me anymore. In other words, the truth about smoking fudged up any notion that smoking could help me. In fact, with every puff I was reminded of what a stupid thing I was doing. Since I quit on Oct. 07, 2014, stress has not triggered any thoughts of smoking. I'm sure it did a couple of times, but certainly nothing significant enough for me to remember. The only time that I think about myself smoking are brief periods when something positive from the past triggers a memory. The thought of me actually smoking only lasts but a few seconds and I'm never considering it, just remembering that I was once a smoker. I never plan on or want to forget that I was a smoker. The day I forget is the day I make myself very vulnerable to stepping into a trap. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't know that I quit smoking. It's a good feeling and one of accomplishment, not looking back second guessing my decision. You too, Laura, will soon be here. Focus on the positive that despite the stress, you're a non-smoker. This is a wise choice that you continue to make, even while under so much stress. During this process you're making yourself stronger than you can realize at the moment. Post your way through this. :)
-
Hey ! IamDoingIt has two weeks !!
You still good?
-
facebook page up and running
Just an FYI, I deleted my personal Facebook page back in August and since babs is the admin of QuitTrain's FB page, nothing has been affected. Some have wondered where I went so I thought it best to let everybody know so nobody thinks they were deleted :on_the_quiet2: (except Ava). After almost 24 hrs with nothing to do but think, I decided that the limited time that I was on FB would be better spent here, doing admin things like rooting out spammers and working on projects that we have planned for the future. :)
-
What worked for you?
That's horrible, DD. That poor child finding his mama like that is traumatizing and will leave a lasting scar inside that child.
-
Lung Cancer Screening test
Only $35 too.
-
Roll Call...
Present.
-
What worked for you?
I knew that there was no way I was going to die a smoker. I know I will someday die, but I sure as hell won't have a cigarette in my hand.
-
Thursday 9th NOPE
NOPE!
-
Anyone else have this?
You have a rotten link there. It stinks to high heaven.
-
Little do you know
Still here. Still listening to this tune.
- Little DD ...
-
Post a Song you Like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALpxzizzij4