Hello everyone:)

Raidermom23

I am new to the board but have been lurking a few days.  I am early in my quit but am going strong!! 19 days and feeling good.  The cravings come and go but i am using Chantix and it has been very helpful. 

I have found reading all of your posts has been so helpful and has made the cravings pass quickly!

Thank you all for your support!

• Like 7

Welcome to the Train  RM23. Grab a seat and join us for a ride to freedom :) With 19 days under your belt, you've go a really good start on your quit!

For me, it was tough for pretty much the first full month then started getting better and now at 2 and a half months, things are pretty good. Just maintaining my quit and using all the tools I have developed along the way. Urge to smoke is still that at times but it is weaker then early on and I can brush those thoughts aside more quickly now. It sure does get better all the time.

Stay with us and participate as much as you can. Looking forward to following your journey :)

• Like 2

Hi and welcome aboard..sooo glad you joined us..

It's much more fun ,quitting with people who are going through the same thing..

We understand what you are going through day by day..

Read all you can here..we have a daily pledge..a little promise to yourself... You won't smoke that day..

It kept me going at the beginning...

Congrats on your fabulous 19 days..

• Like 1

Welcome Raidermom! So happy you've joined us. Congrats on 19 days! That's fabulous. And it only gets better from here. You're going to love your new smoke-free life.

Read, pledge NOPE daily, and post, post, post. You've got this and we're here for you!  :)

What's a Raider that you are a mom to?

Rewards. You have to reward yourself as nobody else will do it. Small things at first, magazine or pair of shoes. But buy something you normally pass on to help reward yourself for the hard work

• Like 2

Thank you for the warm welcome.  My quit is going good!  A few cravings but if I keep busy they pass quickly.  I am so happy I am doing this.

I am so thankful to have a place to come when things get tough!

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 5

Thank you for the warm welcome.  My quit is going good!  A few cravings but if I keep busy they pass quickly.  I am so happy I am doing this.

I am so thankful to have a place to come when things get tough!

Have a great weekend everyone!

You have a great weekend as well and if you need us, post!  Just an FYI, if it's an emergency, create a thread in the S.O.S. board as many of us get alerts sent to our phones so we're only moments away.  :)

• Like 1