I have huge cravings... Sorry to SOS

Evelyn

I binges on a bag of candy which I didn't even enjoyd and have severe cravings for a smoke. Avoiding sugar helped me big time, to low back the smoke cravings... Now I feel guilty, fat, sick and I have this huge feeling of craving a cigarette which I don't even want.

The same with the bloody sugar.

I used a lot of sugar when I smoked... So it's a link. Shhht. Sorry to start here but I rather get criticism then blow my quit. Oh and my shhht monthly period is on its way and I feel like crying and I'm so tired....headache blehhh.

Hugs Ev

Come - on EV....

You can do this...you know smoking is crapola...you hate it....your missing nothing...

Do what you have too ,sing ,dance .play your guitar..draw...have a bath...oh I could go on and on..

Just don't smoke..

Keep your precious quit...

• Like 1

wow.  sugar as a trigger.  nothing like two poisons clawing for your attention !  

when you said that you used a lot of sugar when you smoked and it is a link,

I thought, oh dear that sucks,

sugar is a poison, nicotine is a poison.

to have both of those urges yelling at you at the same time would suck.

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

distract yourself and power through.

never be sorry for posting an SOS, Ev.  This is what helps us keep our Freedom.

• Like 1

Evelyn,

Don't smoke. Sugar is sugar. It's nothing more.

It doesn't demand that you smoke after you eat it.

As a matter of fact, it makes no demands at all.

You have a beautiful quit. Keep it going.

• Like 1

You'd be crazy to even consider giving into the temptation, can you imagine having to start all over again?

Hopefully you have just accepted this is one of those times, were the huge feels incredibly strong, and have just not given in to it..or yourself.

Hope by the time you read this you've enjoyed dinner and are planning your evening activity, whatever that may be.

• Like 1

Queen Queenlover was a chronic relapser, that is until she refused to no longer give in.  That woman turned out to be one of the toughest around.  She remained quit until she died and never gave in.  Hers is the path we all need to follow for as long as we remain roaming the earth.

Don't give up, Evelyn!  You're way stronger than what you think you are.  Do.  Not.  Give.  In.!!  Got it?  GR8.  :)

• Like 3

Sugar and smoking, my two addictions! I hope the bad craves have passed now.  I feel best on a low carb diet.  It helps me keep the sugar in check.  I eat meat, fish, chicken, veggies, some berries, olive oil, and other fats.  Some cheese, some nuts, maybe a greek yogurt, plain.  If I do this I lose weight and I do not binge.