Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

coughed up some blood:(

Featured Replies

I've all of a sudden started to cough in the last few days...well this morning on my way to work I coughed up some bloody sputum. Maybe I didn't quit in time? I'll keep a close eye on this and see my dr asap if it continues over the weekend. I'm not at all scared, what will be will be. Just concerned.

KarenLou, I am so glad you are taking this calmly.  It could be many different things...and your plan to see a doctor next week if it continues is a good one.  Keep us posted.

 

And you are doing great on your quit!  Almost one month smoke free!

What Nancy said - but I think I'd check in with a doctor regardless, just to be safe. Keep us posted please.

Oh no Karen. Fingers crossed for you. Please keep us posted.

Great idea to see a doctor, Karen.  Now that I'm getting older, I see the doctor regularly for check-ups and bloodwork.  When something doesn't feel right, I make an appointment.  Early detection is always key and when it turns out to be nothing, our minds aren't consumed with what could be.

 

Great job on your one month!!! :)

Great idea to see a doctor, Karen.  Now that I'm getting older, I see the doctor regularly for check-ups and bloodwork.  When something doesn't feel right, I make an appointment.  Early detection is always key and when it turns out to be nothing, our minds aren't consumed with what could be.

 

Great job on your one month!!! :)

Right. You are getting old.

I'm sure you will be fine, you've gone a whole month already, perhaps it is all the dry air in the area where you live or from how you are heating your home.

 

When I first moved to Carson City, I coughed up blood for a couple of weeks because the air is so dry here.

 

Let us know what the doctor says and hang in there.

All good advice - go see the doc. 

 

I had a little gum trouble as my blood flow increased - which bled - and I then coughed it up. Doc can put your mind at rest. 

Yep see the doc even after it stops just for peace of mind

Karen? Have you seen your doctor yet???

  • Author

It only happened that one time and not since so I have not gone to dr. It's probably  nothing at all.

I'd strongly advice to go, to rule out anythng to be sure hun

Over a month in, seeing the Doc was really positive for me. We spoke about the improvements that he could hear in my chest, see in my complexion etc...Worth going to see one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.