Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Honesty in your quit!

Featured Replies

You have to be honest with yourself in order to quit smoking.

 

You need to honestly say I will give it a 100% try from your heart!

 

You can not have a secret stash of smokes in a drawer just in case

 

or that extra pack in your glove box or in the garage for an emergency!

 

I threw out 4 full packs plus the pack I was half way done with!

 

I had never did that before on my many many quits in the past!

 

I thought if I saw going to give in this time, I would have to go to the store!

 

Maybe I was finely being honest with myself or just tired of quitting but

 

it worked and that old saying: "Honesty is the best policy" held true for me,

 

And I bet if you are honest with yourself it will work for you!

 

You have nothing to loose and the rest your life to gain!

The Sarge concurs.

 

He's said it before and he'll say it again: Without honesty, there is no quit.

 

No quit. Nothing. Nada. Zippo. Zilch.

 

Diddley-Squat.

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

In some circles I frequent, there is a saying "Half measures will avail us nothing......"

 

I figured I couldnt expect to do this thing halfheartedly. If I was going to try and quit, I was going to need to give it my all, otherwise I was setting myself up to fail.......and what a stinking waste of time and energy that would be. 

All in....or all out.

No half measures. 

It's just been a long series of five minute episodes of not smoking for the past  couple months. Hey, if I gotta deal with  the hassle fifteen maybe twenty minutes a day well okay. Could be worse. As a matter of fact, the first week was a lot worse. This last week has been periodically irritating.

Definitely agree REZ.

 

Very nice post. :) 

Great post.

 

And if you feel you can't commit to all of the above, through fear or the self fulfilling prophecy of the other failed quits....just do it anyway. Great book to understand and manage any fear is The Chip Paradox..... ;)

Well said Rez 

 

The truth will set you free always  :)

It's just been a long series of five minute episodes of not smoking for the past  couple months. Hey, if I gotta deal with  the hassle fifteen maybe twenty minutes a day well okay. Could be worse. As a matter of fact, the first week was a lot worse. This last week has been periodically irritating.

Have you taken the opportunity to enjoy some of this fine weather by driving around town, windows down, looking for smokers to yell at?

Always makes me feel better :p

  • 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...
On 4/15/2014 at 1:28 AM, REZ said:

You have to be honest with yourself in order to quit smoking.

 

You need to honestly say I will give it a 100% try from your heart!

 

You can not have a secret stash of smokes in a drawer just in case

 

or that extra pack in your glove box or in the garage for an emergency!

 

I threw out 4 full packs plus the pack I was half way done with!

 

I had never did that before on my many many quits in the past!

 

I thought if I saw going to give in this time, I would have to go to the store!

 

Maybe I was finely being honest with myself or just tired of quitting but

 

it worked and that old saying: "Honesty is the best policy" held true for me,

 

And I bet if you are honest with yourself it will work for you!

 

You have nothing to loose and the rest your life to gain!

Bump

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.