Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

first day of the rest of my smoke free life

Featured Replies

 my first day. I'm still optimistic. However I dread tomorrow and when the time of my first cup of coffee cames.

Hey Flokatia.

 

Welcome.

 

Congratulations on a great decision.

 

Tomorrow? Have a cup of tea. Change things up a bit.

Hi and welcome aboard....you can do it....

Take it one day at a time...even one minute if you need to....

Take the daily pledge...it's a promise to yourself,you won't smoke for the next 24 hours....

Read all you can here....

Congrats on a new smoke free life...

Welcome flo to the QT. Focus on the now and take on tomorrow when tomorrow gets here.

Welcome!!

 

Coffee and a smoke went together for me too...but it ended up being not as bad as I thought. Once you face a challenge head on..:it gets easier.

 

Great having you here!

Welcome to the QuitTrain and congratulations on your decision to quit.  Lots of great information, here, and lots of wonderful people to support you on your quit journey.  So glad you have joined us!

Hi welcome! When I first quit, I was suprised to learn that certain things I thought would be hard were not. You will just need to see and give yourself time yo experience your life as a nonsmoker. Good luck and keep posting

Good for you, deciding that you & not those nasty cigs are no longer boss. Yes this week is called HELL wk for a reason-but look at it like this-you'll never will want to repeat it.

Hi and Welcome on board, NOPE is a wonderful commitment looking forward to sharing your journey xx

Hi Flokatia and welcome - I truely believe the thought of quitting is way worse than the actual act !! So don't focus on how hard the coffee will be ... Just go for it and if there are triggers change your routine ... Green tea anyone ?? Also remember - each trigger you face down makes that quit stronger ... So be proud of your victories and remember to post often ... You can do this M :-)

Hi, Already answered other question before I came looking for an intro post :)

 

Put a "new habit" in it's place? I found that trick and it was an epic win for the triggers that I had feared (morning tea, car journey, kids tea time etc). 

 

So for instance a new morning became, put kettle on teabag and milk in cup. Immediately grab cleaning cloth and dis-infect worksurfaces (yep, even if they were clean), fill cup up with hot water, switch on computer, fish out tea bag and log into quit train or why quit..... 

 

That was mine but make something up for you, and with a new habit in place it seems to have less effect. Also don't fear craves, they always pass if you don't hang on to them and it's just a thought association at the end of the day. It's your brains way of saying, hey we would smoke here so get some self pep talk in place like "yeah but we don't smoke anymore brain and we're gonna do xyz now". 

 

x

Welcome! I'm not going to say it's not hard work to keep a Quit....it is....but we all try to practice healthy lifestyle choices as far as eating, exercise & prevention of developing diabetes & other common conditions. We avoid foods or contagious illnesses that can make us sick. No one likes being sick or feeling unwell. Smoking is one of those insidious bad things that creeps up slowly to make us ill. Quitting is helping us to preserve our health & lifestyle. It's a good choice to say NOPE. Good for you to make this decision to quit for good. You do the work but we will support you every inch of the way

Welcome :)

 

Coffee is 10000000 times better without cigarettes. Just watch out for that caffine - it packs quite a punch compared to what you are used to ;)

 

Keep us updated on your progress, and stay strong - you can do this!! :)

Welcome Flo!

 

It's different for everyone! and every time we try... for ME, it was convincing myself that I WANT to as they are disgusting!

They taste foul... (true?!) The smell foul... (true?!) and COST an arm and a leg... not to mention the alienation of "being a smoker"...

 

SO many times in the past 5 or so years, I stopped.... but this time I've QUIT!!!! This time, I have the "RESOLVE".... and when I think about a cigi with my coffee in the morning, I stand with the cup at the kitchen window rather than sit outside on the balcony as I used to... the great thing is, it's Winter here in South Oz, so no loss! ha!

 

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! for me it's 48 years on and off.... now I've got some "spending money".... thought about saving it, and I will, but for the first couple of weeks, I'm treating myself to little things... like the screen cleaner spray for the TVs... some 2nd DVDs, etc... whatever "floats your boat"... as my darling daughter said the other day about something totally unrelated! lol!

 

YOU CAN DO IT! :wub:

How odd!!!??? I thought I'd quoted Pippa on that last post???....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.