How the Addiction talks to us

JackiMac

As we all know quitting smoking is a personal journey for everyone.  We all have the same ultimate goal and that is to stop smoking and become a non smoker.  This is my third and last quit in a year, I do not intend to ever go back to smoking again, I relapsed twice and every time I feel the crave begin I think back to how I felt immediately after re-lighting a cigarette, but how did I reach those points how did I come to relapse.  The addiction talked to me and I listened.  It kept telling me how sweet it would be to smoke again, it kept telling me how much I missed the taste of smoke, how much I needed the high from smoking, and me well I listened to all the lies, I wasn't strong enough to stop these thoughts.  I am going to let you all know how I am dealing with the addiction talking to me and how I am dealing with them.  Might be good for all you long term quitters to lets us know how you dealt with the addiction when it talked to you to.

Addiction.     Morning Jackie, remember me, remember how much you used to love me....

Me.              Uhuh

Addiction.   Imagine how good it would feel to have another one eh eh eh waddyathink???

Me.            Ummmm Hell no do you think Ive come this far, worked this hard to just let you weed your way back into my life.

Addiction.   Awww come on one, thats all just one, you know you want to ......

Me.            NOPE, sorry I love my life now, without your nasty chemical taste, without your choking smoke, you will not take back over my life again.......

Addiction.   are you really really sure Jackie........

Me              YES

Just make sure that your voice is louder than the addiction,

• Like 13

"Just make sure that your voice is louder than the addiction."

Love this post, Jackie! Thank your for this powerful sentence!  I will bring it with me into this new week...

Kudos, you!                                       Wonderful post!                                              Hang tuff, baby! :wub:

• Like 2

As we all know quitting smoking is a personal journey for everyone.  We all have the same ultimate goal and that is to stop smoking and become a non smoker.  This is my third and last quit in a year, I do not intend to ever go back to smoking again, I relapsed twice and every time I feel the crave begin I think back to how I felt immediately after re-lighting a cigarette, but how did I reach those points how did I come to relapse.  The addiction talked to me and I listened.  It kept telling me how sweet it would be to smoke again, it kept telling me how much I missed the taste of smoke, how much I needed the high from smoking, and me well I listened to all the lies, I wasn't strong enough to stop these thoughts.  I am going to let you all know how I am dealing with the addiction talking to me and how I am dealing with them.  Might be good for all you long term quitters to lets us know how you dealt with the addiction when it talked to you to.

Addiction.     Morning Jackie, remember me, remember how much you used to love me....

Me.              Uhuh

Addiction.   Imagine how good it would feel to have another one eh eh eh waddyathink???

Me.            Ummmm Hell no do you think Ive come this far, worked this hard to just let you weed your way back into my life.

Addiction.   Awww come on one, thats all just one, you know you want to ......

Me.            NOPE, sorry I love my life now, without your nasty chemical taste, without your choking smoke, you will not take back over my life again.......

Addiction.   are you really really sure Jackie........

Me              YES

Just make sure that your voice is louder than the addiction,

You nailed it Jackie, my conversations were pretty similar with some f' s and b' s thrown in, kicking stones on a walk and having a two way conversation with myself out loud

Great post always be the loudest

This is it Jackie your sticky quit is in the bag so so happy for you x

• Like 1