Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Once and for all

Featured Replies

  • Replies 134
  • Views 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Dejvis93
    Dejvis93

    I will not give any advices as I am just going through my first day. However I do understand what it feels like to fail with addiction and how much we want to be clean although running to the shop lat

  • tocevoD
    tocevoD

    Ended up going out Friday for a good drink with friends watching the Cheltenham gold cup. Was out for a good 7-8hrs and never once felt the urge. I think I have demonised it enough and knocked it into

  • Reciprocity
    Reciprocity

    Support from people quitting around the same time can be a powerful quit tool. Even though all of us quitters have been through the same struggles when quitting, it's sometimes easier to relate to tha

Posted Images

Excellent observation & conclusion!  When you get to the point that you clearly understand and pity (and have empathy) seeing those still caught up in active addiction and feel the shift in your thinking about it, you've won your life back!  Gratefulness and peace is your reward.  Bravo!  

Yup! We're all addicts. It's simply a matter of those who continue to allow their addiction to rule them and those who have learned how to rule their addiction. I'm in the latter group and now that you've seen the light ... so are YOU; Congrats!!!

Edited by Reciprocity

12 hours ago, tocevoD said:

Now at 8m 1w 2d.

 

A few small observations. In previous quits I used to see smokers everywhere and this would being one of the triggers. Now I hardly see smokers. I see vapers, they're everywhere. I actually pity them. I think in my head "Why do you need to do it. Introducing that shite into your lungs." I don't understand the need to stand there and get a pull in whenever they can. Then it hits me, the answer. They're addicted, I was addicted. The addiction to nicotine in all its forms of being administered is a pitiful life story.

Well done @tocevoD! You're doing amazing! Your observations are very similar to mine. Seeing people smoke was a trigger for me too, not so much now.  You're right there are so many people vaping now! Although I do understand their need to do so (addiction),  I now feel sorry for them that they are where we all used to be before we quit, that frame of mind. I watch people I care about smoking with no thought and I hate it. 

 

Keep up the amazing work!😊

Well done!! A good tool to keep the quit is realizing we are addicts and always will be. We choose to put it to sleep.

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Ah well been a bit of time since I've been on. I'll be honest, I'm best staying away and just popping in every now and again. It's what works for me, it's doing me good. I like popping in and sharing how things are going though, keeping you updated and that, it helps.

Anyway since I was last in I think I have had 1 hefty night out with friends. In the past this would have been a go to for a failure and an end to my quit. As I have said in the past it feels different this time. I just don't have the feeling anymore. It feels like it's gone, the urge, it feels like it's finally been laid to bed. I hope it has, I hope it never rears it's head again. I'm wary of saying it's gone forever, I don't want to let my guard drop. I have a hatred for it now, I think thats a good thing to have, it has to be demonised. If you have pure hate for it and all it's done in the past to you and your body then that's a help in keeping that guard up.

Anyway next Saturday 10/10/26 is 1 year since I last had a cigarette. I was on the lozenges for a month or so afterwards but as far as I'm concerned I set out to pack the ciggies in, they were my addiction to kick after 35 years so that day will be my celebration. I may have another for the day I packed the lozenges in but the lifelong addiction was ciggies so the 10/10/26 is my day.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.