hello

Zelda

Action it's very much a miracle, a terrifying miracle. A lot of fear has taken hold in my heart, fear I will not be able to hold this baby and feel the warmth of its touch. Thankfully I have a very under standing doctor. I have another appointment on Friday, should get to see a flutter of a heartbeat through ultrasound. That will help ease my fears for a bit I hope.

I know quitting gets easier but as of right now I'm failing to see the end of the rainbow. I really just want to sleep, a good night's sleep would be perfect. Thank you for your support.

• Like 1

Sleep can be fairly elusive at times in pregnancy hun. How exciting for the docs, where are you based?

A lot of guys here said exercise stopped those craves in their tracks and it was true. So thus the walking helped for now but any form of movement worked, even cleaning. I found literally saying nope, either out loud or in my head told the crave to naf off and then I distracted myself. They passed quicker and quicker after that until it was simply a thought that floated in and out of my head at a time when a trigger hit. A trigger for me being a time before when I would have smoked.

xx

• Like 2

Hi, Zelda-

Congratulations on your quit (20 days is it now?) and especially on your baby! I'm so happy for you!

While I am impressed that you threw out your cigarettes the minute you knew you were pregnant, please don't stop there. I can't tell you how often I have read of women who quit while pregnant but went back to smoking shortly after the delivery. Clearly, there is no physical reason for that-- the physical addiction is long gone. I think that the reason for these relapses is that the woman is quitting "for the baby". Mama herself feels deprived of cigarettes throughout the pregnancy. She misses what she THINKS the cigarettes did for her (relaxation, focus, energy, etc.). That thinking is WRONG. Cigarettes do nothing for you except to relieve the withdrawal symptoms caused by cigarettes. 

So while I think it's great that you used your pregnancy as the motivation to begin your quit, I hope you take the time during the next few months to really educate yourself about nicotine addiction and  how to overcome it. Read Alan Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" and/or watch Joel Spitzer's videos and/or read and post here often. At 20 days you are well on your way to complete freedom from this horrible disease. Learn from the mistakes of others. Educate yourself about the lies old Nicodemon will tell you after your delivery so that you can remain free for the rest of your life. You want to be active and vigorous enough to play with you grandchildren, don't you? Start planning for that now.

• Like 4

Be gentle on your self.....early pregnancy specially......

Make sure you make up any sleep lost.....eat well .....

Your body is going through massive changes.....while your resting.....

Read all you can....it makes it easier,if you understand this addiction.....

Stay close to the board.....

Hugs xx