December 22, 20223 yr Well it looks like a white Christmas in my neck of woods We have a big storm coming, lots of snow, very cold temperatures and high winds. Could be power outages, sure hope not. I will be hibernating after I make a trip to the store. Good to snuggle down. Ho Ho!!🎅🎅
December 22, 20223 yr I will be getting the same blizzard weather conditions here in Buffalo for this weekend. We will also have a guaranteed White Christmas as well.
December 23, 20223 yr Stay warm and safe Linda and Mac. We are getting strong winds and frigid temps, but with nary a single snowflake forecast here where I am in Georgia. I’m worried about my water pipes remaining ice free for the next 5 days more than anything. I’m rural with a well, so it can get iffy when the temperatures remain so low for such an extended period of time. I have plenty of bottled water(no power=no water ‘round here), bread, milk and a full tank of gas in my car though. Thankful that cigarettes no longer need to be an item on my emergency preparedness list. 🙌
December 24, 20223 yr Just a brief spit of snow here, but we had inline winds of more than 30 mph all day, and gusts of more than 60 mph. Lots of downed trees, including two giant pines in the lot next to ours. So sad to see them go… they were our shade trees and lots of wildlife took shelter in them. Thankfully nobody was hurt when they came down, but our neighbors house got hit. They have a 10-foot gash through their roof and their power is out, bad news for an evening near 0. Stay warm and safe, friends… this one’s for real.
December 24, 20223 yr Author Wow that looks scary. Glad no one was hurt. We still have high winds cold temperatures and lots of snow.
December 24, 20223 yr Yeah, we are still experiencing 0 visibility with high winds and heavy snow squalls. I believe the temperature here is 12 degrees and a wind chill of -11 degrees. You see out of windows due snow on the screens and whiteout conditions.
December 24, 20223 yr Well hope you all stay safe n warm and the power stays on. It looks pretty extreme on the news down here.
December 24, 20223 yr I hate that happened to your neighbor Denali. I’m thankful they are okay though. Looking forward to seeing this storm  gone. Stay safe, all of you.Â
December 25, 20223 yr Snow has picked back up and we have whiteout conditions once again. So, hopefully I can go into to work tomorrow morning.
December 25, 20223 yr Author @Mac#23 Same here today,hopefully things will settle down tomorrow. Stay safe and warm. Merry Christmas
December 25, 20223 yr 1 hour ago, Linda said: @Mac#23 Same here today,hopefully things will settle down tomorrow. Stay safe and warm. Merry Christmas The same to you Linda
December 27, 20223 yr Seeing the extreme weather conditions on TV. Please stay safe to any members here who are caught up in this Stay warm .. Its 31 deg here today xx
December 27, 20223 yr Author The high here today was 16 f The low tonight is 9, it is cold The last four days was pretty miserable. Lots of snow but the next few days it is suppose to start to warm up some. Yeah!!!!
December 27, 20223 yr We got up to 19f and low tonight around 10f. Lake effect snow is supposed to taper off tomorrow. Then we will get some warmer temps in the days to come as well.
December 27, 20223 yr Author 4 hours ago, Mac#23 said: We got up to 19f and low tonight around 10f. Lake effect snow is supposed to taper off tomorrow. Then we will get some warmer temps in the days to come as well. Hang in there and stay warm hopefully better days are in are future.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.