Hello from AZ

2 hours ago, overcome said:

Good morning everyone - I am feeling great this Saturday morning, just wanted wish you all a safe, happy weekend and say thanks again!

Wow !!!...Look at that ticker ..your heading for your first week ....nice job O.🐸

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It does look like (unless there's a complete train wreck) I will make a week, @10:15 pm a week ago today I was smokeless. Things sure would have been different if I would have missed the train and all your support.

Thanks for the reminder of a reward @Mac#23 think I am going to get some new coffee, my regular tastes like 😝.

Currently, working on TRIGGERS and identifying them, but there are so many......do you all realize it's like everything...everything revolved around smoking 😄 

@johnny5 you had a justified concern regarding my previous quits and triggers. The main trigger previously was alcohol, some might agree we do not always make the best decisions while consuming alcohol, that is no longer an issue for me. 

Thanks' Everyone!

Edited by overcome
  • Like 5

Yay @overcome, you're almost done with Hell week already! 😊 I was surprised how things tasted so differently after my taste buds came back. I used to HAVE to have my Dr Pepper daily before I quit and after quitting rarely drink it now. Coffee too was another where I used to have two cups a day until I quit. Now I find one to be enough.

Triggers were everywhere for all of us, the cool thing is as we get past them they become weaker and weaker. Something to keep in mind when you're going through one 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

O....I didn't know how to be a adult without my fix ...I used to feel like a toddler learning things without thier 

Comforter....🙁

Doing every day things without my reward got easier each time I did it ....

Well done on your first week ...

As Jill says Hell week over ...next week .Heck week ....🐸

tenor-3.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello! 

Yesterday, going back to work was tough, new and different triggers to deal with. Not terrible, but you sure realize how much smoking dominated everything you do. Today was a little easier, being prepared or knowing where/when all the trouble would be coming from and be ready with a big NOPE! What I have learned here has helped so much understanding what the heck is going on and why I feel the way I do.

My caffeine intake is around 35% of what it was (which was a lot) while smoking, so feeling a little sluggish .... but good, hard to describe, more solid or stable I guess. I am sleeping good and deep breathing exercises are starting to be routine. I think all the changes will take a little while to settle in as normal for me as a non-smoker. 

Been checking out the web site here and one thing for sure is, I won't be playing the chicks with sticks game 🤣

So grateful to be on the train and smoke free, as I said before, my quit would have been so much different without you all. 

Thank you

Edited by overcome
  • Like 7

Hi O 

Time zone stinks ...

A great positive post ...you sound exactly where you should be ....What the Heck for sure .😀.

One thing is for sure whatever your going through ..it's all temporary.....

Nice to hear your sleeping ..this is a huge bonus ...many of us struggled with sleep..

Good to hear your not joining the chicks and sticks ...that way you won't get a good slapping 😜🐸

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2022 at 6:38 PM, jillar said:

My JAC (jillars air cigarette) and soft peppermint puffs got me through my whole first year. I  bought them by the tub full lol

61ZIComjJXL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Finally found these at wally world today, they are perfect, thanks for the lead on them 😀

Really liking the ticker, who ever came up with that great job! 

• Like 3

Good morning everyone - I am feeling really good after making it through the work week and just sitting here sipping coffee, reading through a lot of older posts. So much good/useful information shared on the train here, just amazing. 

Had one major exhilarating event this week:

Wifee called and said she had rear ended another car, then said I got to go and hung up!  I tried calling her back, NO ANSWER!!!.....my son and I were texting trying to meet up for lunch, I text him mom was in an auto accident and I cannot get ahold of her. So we are both racing/heading to Scottsdale where she works.

(Now I am pumped full of adrenaline, really wanting a smoke, mouth full of peppermint candies, trying to do breathing exercises, while racing across town) then my son calls, has talked to his mom and she backed into a parked car, everything was ok and not a lot of damage to the cars.  I am now angry! with a mouth full of mints, trying breathing exercises....why did she answer his call not mine, how is rear ending someone similar to, backing into a parked car!!!!!  Anyway, I really, really, really wanted a smoke but did not and I did get to meet up with my son for lunch. 

Also - I do not recommend filling your mouth with mints and trying to do breathing exercises. 

Edited by overcome
  • Like 6

Aww O.....

You are being tested ....sorry your having to deal with this just now ...

But Hey ...Look at the positive side ...

You haven't smoked ..you come here instead and got it off your chest ...

I'm proud of you my friend ...you fought the little Nico monster and told it to do one ...🐸

Competition-Winner.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, overcome said:

Also - I do not recommend filling your mouth with mints and trying to do breathing exercises. 

😂😂

Wow, what a day you had overcome! You should be soooo proud of yourself for getting past a MAJOR craving, well done!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone 

With only a couple weeks quit, just a couple things I was just thinking about:

When I wake in the morning I am not coughing. 

When I am sleeping, I can actually breath out of my nose, I never even knew being so stuffed up was caused by cigarettes'. 

I don't have to wash my hands the very last thing before getting into bed, because they no longer stink. 

I seem to have more energy, but still feel a little disconnected. 

Everything tastes different, almost like trying every dish for the first time to see if I like it. 

All good things - thanks for everyone's help and support! 

Edited by overcome
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, overcome said:

Hi everyone 

With only a couple weeks quit, just a couple things I was just thinking about:

When I wake in the morning I am not coughing. 

When I am sleeping, I can actually breath out of my nose, I never even knew being so stuffed up was caused by cigarettes'. 

I don't have to wash my hands the very last thing before getting into bed, because they no longer stink. 

I seem to have more energy, but still feel a little disconnected. 

Everything tastes different, almost like trying every dish for the first time to see if I like it. 

All good things - thanks for everyone's help and support! 

A good positive post O...

Our bodies have alot of healing to do ...years of feeding it poisons...

It sounds alot like your on your way ....it only keeps on getting better ...

Well done ....🐸

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello - Just wanted to say once again how glad I am I found my way to the train and how much I appreciate everyone's help. You are all awesome!

So excited to make 3weeks quit smoking at 10:15 tonight, never would have believed it. 

• Like 7