Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Post a Song you Like

Featured Replies

  • Replies 5k
  • Views 592.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Soon the Navratri festival will begin in India, it's a 9 day festival where we pray to the Goddess Durga and a lot of places (specifically Gujarat state) celebrate with Dandiya/Garba, which is basical

  • Missing George, Tom & Roy today.........  

Posted Images

I had this song stuck in my head all day yesterday:

 

And this song just won't go away... all I can think of is the dancing baby from Ally McBeal:

 

 

 

Germany 85

My apologies in advance as this one is a bit self-promoting but I happen to think it's pretty great.  My friend Shannon wrote this song in the days following 9/11.  Today she posted it to Youtube.  She is talented beyond measure, so amazing.  Here's the blurb she wrote...  

 

Published on Sep 11, 2016

"Even Now" (9/11 NYC) ... A song I wrote 15 years ago today…

The jist of the song...when I learned what happened that day, stunned and helpless just like millions of others after news of the tragedy. All I could think of was a dear friend who had lost her son a few years earlier and how helpless I felt to do anything for her. What can you do? All I could do was cry with her when she cried...and laugh with her when she could muster the strength to laugh...and mostly just pray. These were the same overwhelming feelings I experienced on the day and weeks that followed after 9/11. The thoughts that went thru my head were this......the sun will still rise in the morning....regardless if we want it to or not..... so regardless of anything...I will still sing and pray.... "even now". I communicate best thru music....thus the song.

 

Do I need to say more?

Needed a laugh :P

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.