I am back...and in need of some help.

JustSomeGuy

My name is Ron.  Some of you may remember me from a long time ago.  The QT and QSMB community really helped me quit way back in Dec 2013.  Feels like a lifetime ago.  I "met" a lot of good people who helped me stay smoke free for over 5 years.  I'm hoping you all can help me once again...but this time, quit for good.

Sorry you smoked ...but ....great decision to take your seat ,back on the Train ....

You know the drill....One rule only ....

Never sick anything in your mouth and set fire to it ....

Not always easy ....but always doable ....

The poor sticks could do with someone to throw the odd number in the counting game ...

Keeping you busy when you hit with a crave ....but expect a slap of the chicks lol....

• Like 3

@JustSomeGuy, I stuck close to home my whole first month or two. We got to do what we got to do and you're smart to get some time under your belt before going riding since that may cause pretty good craves your first time doing it quit. So I think you made a great decision 😊

• Like 2

Perhaps you could go riding 'on your terms' and get acclimatized to the trigger.  Go for a short quick ride with a trusted friend.  Prepare yourself mentally that you're doing this to overcome the pit stop crave.  Do a single pit stop and face down the crave.  I would repeat the process a few times before going on a longer group ride where the real triggers will hit you.

• Like 4

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I agree... I figure I'll have to steer clear of some things like long rides and beer & wings with the guys for just a little while. At least until I feel confident and comfortable enough. Small sacrifices for the greater good. 

• Like 7

Welcome, @JustSomeGuy! We have the same story! I , too, gave up a 6 year quit for no good reason, but it took me longer to quit again, than you. I quit in April, 2009, and picked up over a bad romance, in 2015. Now I have  an  almost 5 month quit going. Like you, I want to stick around for the little ones:  my 12 grandchildren. Number 13 will arrive next month. I would like to see them grow into young adults, if possible, maybe attend a few of their weddings. My oldest one is 14, so it’s possible. Congrats on your decision to quit, again. I wish you luck. It’s hard, but you can do it, for your son….

• Like 2

As my daughter would say, “Don’t be jelly!” 😂😂 I am very blessed, and thankful at how my life is going, right now. I do wish I were younger, though. Also, I have overcome a lot of heartache, too: My first marriage was tough,and I had to end it.  I lost my second husband, very suddenly. That was unspeakably awful. We lost my son-in-law to the war in  Afghanistan. I have battled depression and anxiety, my whole adult life, and even had some hospital stays, as a result. Everyone’s life has challenges. I am fortunate that I’m a fighter. When I feel lost, I always manage to find my way back. I have a shrink, for help and meds. Having said all of that, I wouldn’t trade places with anyone. I cope well, for the most part. I have a great guy, great kids, and lots of adorable grandkids. Life is what you make of it, with whatever hand you’re dealt…..

• Like 4

Kris ....

Quitting smoking opens many doors ....

A little further down the line ,you will feel so much better and happier with your self ....

You will I'm sure ,then take stock of other things in your life ....eating healthier eg...

I feel younger now ...and do more now ....and eat better now...than I did 20 years ago ....

We always say quitting is a journey ....you have just started yours ..who knows where it leads too....

We have even had a marriage here ....between two traveller,s.....

You should feel very proud you are on the Train ...millions of smokers don't make it ....

I keep pushing QI Gong ...old Chinese art....it's relaxing....and makes you feel good on the inside ,as well as out ....all you need is You Tube and the desire to try it ...

Day by Day Kris ....❤️

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 3