Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It's Done

Featured Replies

I finally bit the bullet and signed up for a 5k.  This Saturday.  I have been threatening it for like 10 months.  I don't know that I am ready, but I ran 2 miles last night and 3 miles at lunch today.  So while it wasn't easy breezy, it was doable.

 

Like nobody wants to do these!  I finally convinced a guy I work with to come with me Sat night.

 

I don't know that I am ready, but I ran 2 miles last night

 

If you can run 2 miles, you can race 3.1

 

It's not a matter of if you can do it - you can and you already know it.

 

The question is how fast can you do it ... (??)  and that's what racing is all about.

 

The good news is you always set a PR on your first one. This first one will be your fasted one ever, right?[1]

 

 

 

Easy Peasy Lemon Breezy

 

 

 

FOOTNOTES:

[1] and then you spend  the next couple of races trying to beat that time.

I just did this run! It was so much fun!!! 

  • Author

They better not throw cornstarch in my eyes!  I just spent my life savings and was blind for months to get this vision to 20/20 ;-)

Tips: Sunglasses and a bandanna to cover your mouth. The after party was super fun too! 

Sounds like great fun - enjoy a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

  • Author

Sunday ran for fun.

Monday Tuesday practicing for 5k.

I have 3 days left to prep.

Maybe I should be more nervous but I'm very zen.

Meh, mind over matter.

  • Author

Day 4 of training, have until Saturday. Goal is 3 miles/day. So far so good.

Fell in between the treadmills and the handle thing bashed in my ribs. I thought I needed 'a change of scenery,' so decided to move to next treadmill over. Somehow lost my footing, cuz I'm cool like that.

Day 4 of training, have until Saturday. Goal is 3 miles/day. So far so good.

Fell in between the treadmills and the handle thing bashed in my ribs. I thought I needed 'a change of scenery,' so decided to move to next treadmill over. Somehow lost my footing, cuz I'm cool like that.

Hope you're okay. Running on an incline will help prepare you for running outside during the race.

  • Author

Hope you're okay. Running on an incline will help prepare you for running outside during the race.

I am only at 2.0 incline but made it 3.5 miles today.

update girl!

 

you were ready for a 5k 6 months ago

 

I"m sure you did fantastic

 

:)

 

xoxo

  • Author

It was a super fun time. Mostly I was doused with red cornstarch. Unfortunately though my friend from work that went with me is not really a runner so we walked about half of it. Oh well. I have ran a 5k alone, I already know I can do it.

It was a super fun time. Mostly I was doused with red cornstarch. Unfortunately though my friend from work that went with me is not really a runner so we walked about half of it. Oh well. I have ran a 5k alone, I already know I can do it.

 

Awesome!  It's all about getting out and having fun.

 

Now, where are the pics?  I know you got some.  Your Aunt tole me.

  • Author

OK! I don't have any of us running, hb couldn't find us he said in the runners.  Tons of ppl there, looked like it was going to storm bad, but no rain until it was over.

 

Group view

groupcolorrun.jpg

 

After the race

jendavidcolorrun1.jpg

 

P.S I don't think those are orbs, I think it's cornstarch in the air.  Else that run was really haunted.

Awesome job Ava!  

 

I need to sign up for a 5k, have no one to run it with though :(

  • Author

Awesome job Ava!  

 

I need to sign up for a 5k, have no one to run it with though :(

I'll run it with you!

I really had a hard time finding someone to go with me, all these never smokers 'fraid of a lil runnin.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.