It's Done

I finally bit the bullet and signed up for a 5k.  This Saturday.  I have been threatening it for like 10 months.  I don't know that I am ready, but I ran 2 miles last night and 3 miles at lunch today.  So while it wasn't easy breezy, it was doable.

Like nobody wants to do these!  I finally convinced a guy I work with to come with me Sat night.

• Like 2

I don't know that I am ready, but I ran 2 miles last night

If you can run 2 miles, you can race 3.1

It's not a matter of if you can do it - you can and you already know it.

The question is how fast can you do it ... (??)  and that's what racing is all about.

The good news is you always set a PR on your first one. This first one will be your fasted one ever, right?[1]

Easy Peasy Lemon Breezy

FOOTNOTES:

[1] and then you spend  the next couple of races trying to beat that time.

Day 4 of training, have until Saturday. Goal is 3 miles/day. So far so good.

Fell in between the treadmills and the handle thing bashed in my ribs. I thought I needed 'a change of scenery,' so decided to move to next treadmill over. Somehow lost my footing, cuz I'm cool like that.

Day 4 of training, have until Saturday. Goal is 3 miles/day. So far so good.

Fell in between the treadmills and the handle thing bashed in my ribs. I thought I needed 'a change of scenery,' so decided to move to next treadmill over. Somehow lost my footing, cuz I'm cool like that.

Hope you're okay. Running on an incline will help prepare you for running outside during the race.

It was a super fun time. Mostly I was doused with red cornstarch. Unfortunately though my friend from work that went with me is not really a runner so we walked about half of it. Oh well. I have ran a 5k alone, I already know I can do it.

Awesome!  It's all about getting out and having fun.

Now, where are the pics?  I know you got some.  Your Aunt tole me.

OK! I don't have any of us running, hb couldn't find us he said in the runners.  Tons of ppl there, looked like it was going to storm bad, but no rain until it was over.

Group view

groupcolorrun.jpg

After the race

jendavidcolorrun1.jpg

P.S I don't think those are orbs, I think it's cornstarch in the air.  Else that run was really haunted.

• Like 2