woke up with a sick stomach again

Kris

I was afraid of the NRT products, so chose cutting down the number of cigarettes smoked per day, instead. Some are against my method, but it worked well for me. When I got down to about 6 or 7, I stopped. Withdrawal was relatively painless. That was 7 weeks ago. What I like about my method is that I was “nicotine free” on my quit date. To my way of thinking, if you are still using nicotine, have you really quit? I know this is a controversial topic , so forgive me, if I have offended anyone.

Edited by Katgirl

Katgirl,

I am not offended by your method at all. Wish I was strong enough to do it your way.  I am using NRT, lozenges, I am eleven days in and have already started a step down to get the nicotine of my system.  I still have bad cravings for a cigarette, that is why I chose my method.  I am going to my GP tomorrow for advice on how to get it done.  Main point for me only is that I have not put one in my mouth.  It does not matter how we do it but we get if done!  Pray I can be as strong as you.

K

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kris said:

Katgirl 

We are going to meet next time you are visiting.  I am so excited.  We will firm up some details when you are headed this way again.

K

I guess that means you are near Dallas? Cool! I should be back in the area at Christmas time.

@Kris, you got it! What a great incentive for both of us to remain cigarette free… Flower Mound is very nice. I don’t know if you remember the crazy murder story, where a guy drove from CA to an 18 year old kid’s house in Flower Mound, last August, to shoot him over an online gaming dispute? That was my daughter’s next door neighbor. Crazy!

• Sad 1

Katgirl, I don't remember hearing anything about that. How awful! This is going sound stupid but I don't watch the news. I got all the info I needed from our family friend. He was my husbands best friend from high school, mine too but we had known each other since second grade. After my husband passed he would call me daily to check on me. He always gave the weather report, what was going on in the stock market and anything else he thought I needed to know. I just would get depressed watching the news, the story you just told is the type of thing I would not want to know.  Now I don't know a darn thing because he passed away in April of 2020.  He was not close to his family so left his estate to my son. He had never married or had a child, so our son was also his son. In fact he is in my china cabinet (cremains) right next to my husband and his dog is laying at my feet. Can you imagine that his brothers did not want any ashes or the dog he loved so much.  I still can't bring myself to watch the news.

Yes, it will be nice to be able to celebrate our quit together.  There are so many nice people on the board, wish we could meet them all. It is no wonder why I am depressed but as someone on the board talked about that we all had horrible things happen in our life.  They said these things were not an excuse not take care of ourselves, quit for good. This person is right, we have to honor the ones we have lost, move past the bad stuff, so we can be here for the people who love us.

K

PS this is my first Christmas in July where I got a present!

• Like 1

Kris the NRTs all made me sick to my stomach, I ended up using Sugar free Hard candies such as  the weatherman butterscotch and the RI cola lemon trough lozenges..  My weight has been up and down  since I started quitting years ago.

I really wasn't heart broken when the NRTs didn't work for me, I wanted to be free not simply  chained with a less smelly chain.

• Like 2