Aaaargh

Betterbreathing

NOT anout to cave but only because the stakes of smoking/not smoking are so high. But having such a ridiculous crave. Dreamt I smoked last night and now it's all I can think of. And this is day 106 nicotine free. Hoped it would all be gone now even though I had the 3 month thing a week or so bad. Please tell me the benefits of not giving in, even though I already know them! Hope everyone else is OK

• Like 4

So glad you posted Betterbreathing.  Unfortunately those odd craves do pop in once in a while but don't worry, you have this handled.  Your addiction will always be there but I promise those strong craves will become more distant.  The further smoking is behind you, the stronger you will become.  The best benefit of all is a life free of a smoking related illness.  As you conquer your addiction you won't have to look forward to a future of dread.  You will find freedom to do the things you want, instead of being chained to that cigarette.

Keep that awesome quit going!

• Like 2

Yup! The newness of your early quit is gone and maintaining it can still be tough at times especially when those odd strong cravings come out of nowhere. This is the time you need this support group the most because unlike non-smoking family & friends, we really do get it. We know what it's like - been there ourselves. Carry on. You know what how to beat the cravings by now and know that things will only continue to get better as time marches on :) 

• Like 3

Posting and getting it off your chest helps you think through the tough times ....

Youv,e come so far ...the only way is forward ....you will never have to go through this again ...

The Nico Monster is trying to suck you in ...Have non of it .....

He is getting weaker ....

• Like 2

Hi Matt, hopefully by now you're starting to feel better and the cravings have lessened. Getting it off your chest is sometimes all you need to do for it to lose its strength. If not than try something that you always did smoke free. I didn't smoke in my car so sometimes just jumping in and taking a short drive was enough to kill the crave.

Just keep reminding yourself that this too shall pass and it's soon to get so much better. The craves do get less with time, we promise you that so hang in there. Be proud of yourself because we're sure proud of you 🤗

• Like 2

Hey I remember the same thing happened to me and about the same time as you in your quit.  The dream was so vivid I woke up and  felt guilty for giving up on my quit.  The craving lasted for a bit that morning so I did the same as you and got right on the board and posted (was a great help).  But the positive thing was that I actually started at that time in getting stronger in my quit because I came to realize that nicotine had a strong hold and I had to be ever vigilant.  I still get the dreams every so often but the craving after the dreams has gone away.  I still get thoughts about smoking but they last a few seconds and as you stated that the stakes are so high if you give up the quit and that my friend shows that you are getting stronger in you quit and see the value of no longer smoking ---- Keep Strong!!!!!

• Like 3