Doing it this time

SamDy

I've given myself until 11:45pm to smoke. After that, I quit. I'm done. I want to quit on this date, it's a palindrome and I love that. I don't want to die because of smoking. I will not let that happen. Expect me to be around a LOT.

• Like 2

I found it's imperative to have a solid reason for why you want to be a non-smoker.  During the quit process, that reason will be tested and you will need to draw strength from it.  In your above statement, you listed two reasons.  Which one is the true reason for you wanting to be a non-smoker?

1)  It's a palindrome date

2)  I don't want to die

You're going to have to dig deep and make that reason very honest and from the core of you because it WILL become your lifeline from time to time.  

• Like 9

I agree with Runfree, you must have a solid reason. Which one really is the most important to you? So glad you are giving it another go, so stay determined this time, as you know you want to be a non smoker and have a healthier life.

I look forward to seeing you around a lot.

• Like 7

Well, after 'giving' yourself permission to continue smoking until 11:45, did you quit ?

Change your quit date to keep you current and so we know where you're at in your quit.

The only silver bullet is to make and stick to the commitment to Not One Puff Ever.

• Like 5

None of us wanted to die but we all continued to smoke because of the addiction.

Now is the time to buckle down and take control of the addiction.  You are done smoking!  Each day you go without smoking, the more powerful you become.  Stay close to the forum and educate yourself.  As you travel the journey, imagine you body repairing.  You can do this!!!!!

• Like 9

I see you have changed your quit date to an hour! Did you not quit then at 11.45 last night? Make the time and date and get determined that is it. Keep changing the time and date prolongs the agony and knocks your confidence.

You can do it, we are all with you.

Wishing you all the best.

• Like 4

If you have cigs around I would get rid of them if you really want to quit. I soaked mine in water and tossed them out with coffee grounds. It is tough but we all have went through this and we don`t have any special gift to do this except a commitment that we will no longer be smokers. It really can be done. Read and stay close to the site. You can do this and I will bet you it won`t be as tough as you imagine. Keep positive. Best wishes and hope to see you around.

• Like 5

For me ...that book just made perfect sense ...why was I wasting all my hard earned money ,on something that was killing me slowly ....i was so close to losing limbs ...

These bad illnesses smoking brings it just doesn't happen to other people ...

Copd... Emphysema ....you don't want that ...trust me ....

We have so much information here .... read some of the horror stories ....read mine ..a great place to start ..

Watch the three documentaries on the Main Board ....watch how the smoking companies want you to stay hooked ,it's thier profit to kill you ....this was a light bulb moment for me ...

You Do want to Quit ...otherwise you wouldn't be here....

Start today ... take the pledge .....save your life ....

• Like 7

Yup just paying to kill yourself - I bought into all the nicodemon lies thinking - Nah it will never happen to me - but it did and I have no one to blame but myself. The warnings are everywhere. We know this and choose to ignore it (which is what I did). And if you do want to read horror stories check out my blog. Everyday is fight and a blessing. Do you body a favor and just stop - the pain of withdrawl is NOTHING compared the pain you may face if you continue.  I wish you the best of luck, I know it's hard but nothing good ever comes easy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1