[7 Day Nonic] 7 Day Quit Challenge!

Matt B

@Sazerac Seventh day going good as far as quitting smoking goes. It would have been 4 months today, had I not blown the quit last week. I really regret it because it's daunting to start from scratch again.

Edited by Ankush
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

Thanks for your kind comments - Sadly I had a min-relapse - 1/2 smoke 😞

But I'm keen to get on top of this.

So here goes..

Day 1/7 - feeling quite good 7/10

Day 2&3 are always the hardest - so i'll try to check in a few times a day.

Best!

• Like 1

Matt sorry about your relapse. You have to get  rid of all your cigarettes ashtray is anything that has to do with smoking so that you can be successful on this next quit. I changed the way I drink my coffee in the morning and each time I think about a smoke I tell myself I don’t smoke and I say it out loud. Sounds silly but it has helped. After all I’m going to have to re-condition my brain if I’m going to make this quit  stick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Matt,sorry you relapsed. Have you seen our SOS forum? You post there anytime you feel yourself caving to a crave and members will give you that extra support you need to get past it. I used it a few times when I first quit and the support and encouragement was just what I needed to get past it and keep my quit. You can also do a pre response post to yourself.

You can do it and we'll support you as much as you need or want :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much! I’m doing quite well today and I just finished a big gym workout. Tmrw I have gym and yoga.. I want to make myself super busy in the next few days so it’s a blur!

On the other hand I’m already 2 months into quitting alcohol with no sign of a relapse! I love green tea lol 😆 🍵 

• Like 5

@Matt B Keep busy, but try not to use any activity as a crutch for quitting smoking. This is because, in case you cannot perform a particular activity on a given day, you may start thinking of a smoke. Here's a video that may help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc2KF_d64SY

Edited by Ankush
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on your quit, @Matt B

You may have some gnarly moments but, nothing you can't live through.

Cigarettes KILL quitting does not.

In all your free time, switch up your ticker and educate yourself about nicotine addiction.

You do know that it is NOT just a habit like your avatar seems to intimate, right ?

Remember to keep yourself hydrated, have fruit juice hand to keep blood sugar in check.

and have a think about what our friend, @Sirius says,

'Next time a craving plunks down on your face ask yourself, "What price you are willing to pay to own yourself?" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Take each crave at a time and reward yourself for conquering that particular receptor in your brain.

This is what it is all about.

Wrenching one receptor at a time away from nicotine and replacing it with a suitable reward.

I used oxygen and looking at beauty as rewards that were always at hand.

The Significance of Rewards

• Like 3

Hey, @Matt B,

Some people can slide through the first week or two, no problem.

I wasn't one of them but, I accepted the fact that it was going to suck for a while and came to terms with my reality.

Our friend, Sarge,  says, "Embrace The Suck"

OK....

I could live with that, I could live through that...I was determined.

It was worth it to me to be free. 

The discomfort (and that is ALL it is) wasn't going to thwart me, no how no way.

Power through, sleep through, play through, do anything but smoke.

You can do it.

• Like 6