Ask MQ anything. Its a free for all!

Soberjulie

lol. Does one really smell their pee ?

If you do, please go see a doctor........

LOL. I eat so much asparagus....it smells up the whole bathroom!! The fact that I like it...well that's another story. Speaking of stories.....I think Marylandquitter has one about this subject. :)

LOL. I eat so much asparagus....it smells up the whole bathroom!! The fact that I like it...well that's another story. Speaking of stories.....I think Marylandquitter has one about this subject. :)

Do you have a question? :on_the_quiet2:

About asparagus, pee or smelling up the bathroom?

• Like 1

I saw your pictures in your gallery.  Beautiful garden!  I can't tell what the flowers are.  Are they annuals or perennials?

Do you or your wife take care of the garden?  Or both?

Did you build your pond?

I saw your pictures in your gallery.  Beautiful garden!  I can't tell what the flowers are.  Are they annuals or perennials?

Do you or your wife take care of the garden?  Or both?

Did you build your pond?

All annuals and an herb garden.  I take care of the gardens (I was in the horticulture industry for 20+ years).  I built that pond and had it displayed at two businesses before it ended up in my back yard.  It took me approximately 45 min to an hour to water everything at my house.  I used to own/operate a garden center and wholesale greenhouse business which consisted of over 100,000 sq/ft of glass covered greenhouses so everything single annual in those pics were either started by seed or cutting and grown by yours truly.  Prior to that, I was the production manager for an international plant breeder which had 750,000 sq/ft of glass covered houses.  Needless to say, I'm very particular on how things are taken care of so I'm the gardener at the ranch (not too much these days though).

PS, those pics were from my house in Ohio and few others were from landscaping jobs that I did on the side here in Maryland two years ago.

All annuals and an herb garden.  I take care of the gardens (I was in the horticulture industry for 20+ years).  I built that pond and had it displayed at two businesses before it ended up in my back yard.  It took me approximately 45 min to an hour to water everything at my house.  I used to own/operate a garden center and wholesale greenhouse business which consisted of over 100,000 sq/ft of glass covered greenhouses so everything single annual in those pics were either started by seed or cutting and grown by yours truly.  Prior to that, I was the production manager for an international plant breeder which had 750,000 sq/ft of glass covered houses.  Needless to say, I'm very particular on how things are taken care of so I'm the gardener at the ranch (not too much these days though).

PS, those pics were from my house in Ohio and few others were from landscaping jobs that I did on the side here in Maryland two years ago.

That's awesome.  I thought it was a bit early for all those plants t be blooming so well already.  I don't really have a green thumb..but am trying. So do you have any extra greenhouses?  I have been collecting some seeds but have nowhere to start them.

That's awesome.  I thought it was a bit early for all those plants t be blooming so well already.  I don't really have a green thumb..but am trying. So do you have any extra greenhouses?  I have been collecting some seeds but have nowhere to start them.

Yeah, mail them to me and I'll start them for you. lol J/K  Nope, no more greenhouses.  I work in the concrete jungle of Washington, D.C. now :)

• Like 1

Ha!  I was just kidding!  I also have a problem with killing everything my MIL gives me.  Where SHE lives they survive the winter.  Here...not so much.  Why leave the horticultural industry?

• Like 1

Ha!  I was just kidding!  I also have a problem with killing everything my MIL gives me.  Where SHE lives they survive the winter.  Here...not so much.  Why leave the horticultural industry?

I was traveling way too much.  My last job in the horticulture industry I traveled an awful lot (gone 4 out of every 5 weeks) and did so for 8 years.  It got old but I got to see much of the United States and Canada which was nice.  The work was a bit stressful as I was doing Patent administration and enforcement for U.S. Patents and well as foreign Patents for clients.  I was the Field Coordinator for North America.  It was time to relax and live a normal life.

• Like 2

I don't think I have ever tried asparagus.  How do you like to cook it?  Do you like beets?  Do you prefer plain green beans or green bean casserole?

You're the first person that I've ever heard of that never tried asparagus.

I like to grill it.  I like bean green casserole but I prefer my green beans to be partially cooked by boiling.  I like them still crunchy.

crunchy munchy

Do you have pets ? 

Do y'all plan on having any more children ?

1 dog and 1 cat.  We had a hamster that the kids named Chad (after my their uncle, my brother) but the cat killed it.

No more kids in the plans.  My wife says 3 is enough but I grew up watching Eight Is Enough so...lol