Not this again..

MLMR

1 hour ago, Mona said:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be mean but what about this?

"So, 7 month mark! Glad to be at this point and grateful for ploughing on and for all the encouraging words I received. Thanks so much for that.

Its probably time to put the board somewhat in the background. I think i need to push myself in the direction of 'life after quitting'. As glad and grateful as i am, i feel like I should re-focus now."

You posted that on March 22 and then, just 10 days later, you're all insecure and wanting everyone to hold your hand.  Obviously your quit isn't strong enough for you to fly solo yet.  You should stick around the board for a longer period of time.

Also, just my opinion, but you may gain strength by helping others.  Take the focus off of yourself and focus on the newbies.

I hope you don't take what I have to say the wrong way.  If I sound grouchy, I am.  It's day 1 for me.

@Mona Welcome to Day1 of your quit!!! Day 1 for me too. If you feel grouchy, try some physical exercise. It will be difficult and you will run out of breath. So take it slow, but do try it. Its a great way to start getting fit and to get some angst out. Will also help you build confidence. Also, as many people here will suggest, some breathing will help whenever the urge to smoke arises. Watch Joel's videos.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ankush said:

@Mona Welcome to Day1 of your quit!!! Day 1 for me too. If you feel grouchy, try some physical exercise. It will be difficult and you will run out of breath. So take it slow, but do try it. Its a great way to start getting fit and to get some angst out. Will also help you build confidence. Also, as many people here will suggest, some breathing will help whenever the urge to smoke arises. Watch Joel's videos.

Thank you Ankush.  Welcome to you as well!  I agree with you that exercise is very helpful.  So are the other things that you mention.  I'm quitting cold turkey, how about you?

• Like 1

Mona and Ankush good  to both of you for your day one, maybe you can help each other along.  Come here often it will help as will the daily NOPE pledge.  Keep strong, deep breathing and plenty of cold fluids the next few days to help you along!!!!

• Like 2

Mona ...I Dont mean to be mean either ....

As this is only your day one again ...I don't think it's fair you tell MLMR what she is doing wrong here...she has a fabulous quit going ...

It might not be the way you would do it ...but this is her quit ...

We have no doubt MLMR you will party on the Lido ......

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Mona said:

Thank you Ankush.  Welcome to you as well!  I agree with you that exercise is very helpful.  So are the other things that you mention.  I'm quitting cold turkey, how about you?

@Mona I'm quitting cold turkey as well. As far as I know, there just isn't any other way to break the grip Nicotine has.

Edited by Ankush

39 minutes ago, Ankush said:

@Mona I'm quitting cold turkey as well. As far as I know, there just isn't any other way to break the grip Nicotine has.

I was trying to use NRT but I ended up thinking it was hurting more than helping!

2 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Mona ...I Dont mean to be mean either ....

As this is only your day one again ...I don't think it's fair you tell MLMR what she is doing wrong here...she has a fabulous quit going ...

It might not be the way you would do it ...but this is her quit ...

We have no doubt MLMR you will party on the Lido ......

It seems like her quit is still somewhat fragile.  Given that, it may be a good idea for her to stick around.  That's all I was really saying.  What's so unfair about that?  Or are we not allowed to state our opinions here?

8 hours ago, Mona said:

I hope you don't take what I have to say the wrong way.  If I sound grouchy, I am.  It's day 1 for me.

Oh Mona, everyone's quit is different.  It is not just about stopping smoking but also an emotional roller coaster.  Some days you have the strength to help others but sometimes, you need to concentrate on yourself.  I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for the unconditional support I have received here.

The stronger you get, the more you are able to give back.

I am so glad you are starting your quit.  I hope to be able to help you through your journey.  

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2019 at 12:32 AM, MLMR said:

Didn't think I would need this part of the board again, yet here I am.

I think it takes immense courage to reach out and ask for help, perhaps even moreso in the later days of the quit. People expect to hear a lot of SOSes from those in the first days and weeks of a quit, but sometimes people need help months--even years--down the line. Life gets hard. Curveballs get thrown. And we are addicts for life, so we will need a little extra boost to get through the hard times. Kudos on you for asking for help. I'm sorry I missed this when it was first posted, but I'm glad to see you using the board. It works!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mona said:

I was trying to use NRT but I ended up thinking it was hurting more than helping!

@Mona Good thinking!!! NRT may work for some and not for others. What's important to realize is that NRT is just substituting Nicotine from one source to another. That may help some to quit smoking and may not help others. However, Nicotine is an addictive substance no matter what the source is and has harmful effects. 

3 hours ago, Ankush said:

@Mona Good thinking!!! NRT may work for some and not for others. What's important to realize is that NRT is just substituting Nicotine from one source to another. That may help some to quit smoking and may not help others. However, Nicotine is an addictive substance no matter what the source is and has harmful effects. 

Absolutely @Ankush! Hope your day 2 is going well!!

15 minutes ago, Mona said:

Absolutely @Ankush! Hope your day 2 is going well!!

@Mona Besides a dull headache since last evening and the irritating thought that a cigarette will stop the headache (which i successfully fought off), Day 2 was fine. I had plenty of juice, water and green tea. How was your Day 2?

You have been one of the ones I've admired since I came on board MLMR. You have my thoughts with with you. Hang on and stay strong you are one of the best. Just be what you have to be. You have lot's of support here. I know I'm late here but still thinking of you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1