Change in work schedule--feeling in limbo

Kate18

My work day usually starts at 9:00 am--or, at least, it has been for a few weeks. Today I begin work at 12:30. Time is motionless. The sensation of being suspended in air is unsettling, and in such a state of mind, I want a cigarette. This is a situation when, in the past, I would smoke. It would be a time--smoking--when I would collect my thoughts. A grounding time. 

Since I haven't been smoking for the past month (yaay), this would be a time when I would eat something sweet. I've begun reversing the trend of weight gain, so no sweets to provide a dopamine hit. 

Feeling fatigued early in the day. Fuzzy minded. 

Going to take the dog for a walk. That's what a nonsmoker would do, right? And what a non-overeater would do. OK, I can do this. 

After that, maybe I'll take a short nap. But then, I'm so afraid I'll oversleep and be late for work. 

I'll set two alarm clocks. 

Staying Quit takes some adjusting. My brain is weary from rethinking so that I don't fall into automatic actions, like going to the store to buy cigarettes, then falling wearily into a chair on the patio with coffee.

Sound familiar? 

:)  

• Like 6

Yep, sounds very familiair. It's something you have to find your way through. It won't last forever. Its a fase, it will pass. And then a different  fase wiI follow... ? I did and still do lots of walking, to pass time and to stop my mind from racing on about smoking. 

One month, nice! Well done. ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It takes time  to adjust ....our junkie brain has to be unscrambled.... The more you do something ..the easier it gets ...the only way is to plough on...

This is why it's called a journey ...we meet new challenges along the way...and then suddenly ..it all get comfortable...

Well done on your first month ...that's a achievement...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree with all above. And even though you're trying nt too, in these early months sweets do help with the fuzziness so try to drink some juice or have a candy. There's lots of low calorie sweets out there to help keep the weight off :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So Far so good for you,  get some Hard candys Sugar free OK, not sugar free still ok, put them where you would have normally had your cigarettes for me my shirt pocket.  When the urge to lite up Happens Reach in take one out and suck on it, Replace the smoke with a candy.

with a month under your belt your are running free, there will be very few hick ups in yoour Getty ups.    Enjoy, Take Pride and flaunt your month old nicotine free YOU !

• Like 3