The QT Gallery

notsmokinjo

Those are great, Jo. I love your work.

I forgot yesterday, will make it up today.

Just learned that water colour pencils are not that great on canvas, it isn't absorbent enough, they don't 'set'.

You can't add layers but, you sure can lift colour out. lol.  So, it's useful in that way.

For permanence, apply an acrylic medium, carefully, or spray with fixative.  Then you can paint over with acrylics but not WC pencils.

Ahhh...the learning curve...I won't be using them on canvas anymore.

I have a ton of WC paper....why I didn't use it, I don't know.  Didn't research, didn't know.

Not sure whether to proceed or not.  It's no masterpiece....I may just wipe it out and start again with compatible materials. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been working on the lighthouse picture... I am being detailed... its coming, when I'm nigh on done I'll post a new poll..... the bubba puppy found the painting I was working on the coffee table and it must taste nice because he licked it to death then chewed it up.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Well the kid gave me a list of 42 things she wants me to paint for my birthday present.... so I need to get another poll up. I still have to finish the big eye from ages ago and I have been doing a halloween one for Weegie but my halloween and heres are at different ends of the spectrum....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am doing my physio still... have mixed it up with some writing and some calligraphy but no finished paintings yet... still have 3 on the go... once they are done I will be running another poll for the next thing. 

So I do have a list of 42 things the kid gave me for my birthday that I need to knock off as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

I am doing my physio still... have mixed it up with some writing and some calligraphy but no finished paintings yet... still have 3 on the go... once they are done I will be running another poll for the next thing. 

So I do have a list of 42 things the kid gave me for my birthday that I need to knock off as well.

Wow, Calligraphy too...wanted to try, but never got around to doing it.

Even this painting was my birthday gift to me. There's a company called "The Bombay Drawing Room" which has these guided painting classes, and I absolutely love Van Gogh's work, and they were doing this one...so voila, ended up stumbling into this rendition.

But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 1