Newbies !!!!...Don't forget your Rewards ....

It's very important to giive yourself little rewards ...with the money you are saving...

At the beginning ..it can be as simple as a magazine...lipstick,....you get the idea....

After all....what you are achieving is flippin marvelous....and deserves treats....

Why not come and tell us ...what you have bought...

• Like 4

Well not a ridgy didge newbie now... my first month anniversay was lost in the horror that was my christmas from hell. I hadn't even realised until Jillar noticed and gave me a not.

Since month 2, I buy myself a new t shirt each monthly anniversary with variations of NOPE on the front, so far I have one in a baseball style, one in Morse code, one in binary and not sure the next one will be yet but I better make a decision soon... I have also bought a laptop and paid for the kids camp.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Well not a ridgy didge newbie now... my first month anniversay was lost in the horror that was my christmas from hell. I hadn't even realised until Jillar noticed and gave me a not.

Since month 2, I buy myself a new t shirt each monthly anniversary with variations of NOPE on the front, so far I have one in a baseball style, one in Morse code, one in binary and not sure the next one will be yet but I better make a decision soon... I have also bought a laptop and paid for the kids camp.

Sorry Jo....well done to you for bouncing back...

Lovin the tee shirt idea...

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

T-Shirts are a cool idea :)

I recommend this one next, if you can find it online?

You could just have N.O.P.E. printed below the image because no one you know would be able to read what the smoke signal actually says anyway - lol.

smoke-signals-men-s-t-shirt.jpg

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, TravellingSunny said:

I'm buying a book that teaches one how to make Kumihimo braided necklaces.  I can learn a new craft that I've been wanting to try for a long time, and as a special bonus, I get to keep my hands busy.

Go you, you will definitely keep tour hands busy. I make Kumihimo bracelets, I love them so therapeutic also moved onto beaded ones,  you'll love it ?

• Like 4

My reward for my first month quit was a pizza party for my family.  We all love pizza and they had put up so much with my smoking over the years.  With the reason for the pizza everybody, especially the grandchildren, had a great time, followed up with a family movie without me having to step outside several times during the showing.  Cannot tell you how happy that made me.

Edited by Martian5
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, Martian5 said:

My reward for my first month quit was a pizza party for my family.  We all love pizza and they had put up so much with my smoking over the years.  With the reason for the pizza everybody had a great time, followed up with a family movie without me having to step outside several times during the showing.  

^^^ @Sslip will want to know if it was Diamond Cut... you always need to diamond cut it for a Pizza party

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

^^^ @Sslip will want to know if it was Diamond Cut... you always need to diamond cut it for a Pizza party

5 minutes ago, Martian5 said:

^^^Yipper, always

We always get square cut...never heard of diamond cut!

• Like 2

Nothing really out pf the ordinary EXCEPT when i buy stuff i do not need, I can at least now use the excuse, "Well at least I am not burning money anymore". Gyod now if i quit drinking so much soda, God knows what i could afford.

And about lipstick -

MrTitwank probably is really happy.

15 hours ago, reciprocity said:

OK ... I admit it ........... I DID buy lipstick :3_grin:

6hojdl.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rewards… hmm..

New hot water tank $1000. New gutter for the back of the house $350.  Much-needed dental work $1200(just for starters)

All this, just in the last month.

There goes my 65 inch LCD LOL.

It’s all good though. At least I’m not smoking.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jetblack said:

Octain -

yeah funny how that works. We think, "alright, extra money, time for a little fun" but then life nudges it's stupid ass in the way and there goes the spending cash.

Yep. It is what it is. I’d have to get a new tank and a new gutter anyway so… There’s that.

Edited by Octain
Because I wanted to