Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

...

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ...

  1. 10:15 pm tonight I put it out. Let's get this party started. Won't live on here. I have a life. But I promise to post instead of smoke. And watch videos. I do believe it's important to retrain the brain. Have an amazing weekend.
  2. So I'm getting ready to come back and do it right this time. It's been over 4 years since I started this journey and I havent' succeeded in a damn thing. So I'm trying to get myself prepared. Anyways, just wanted to say hi and I'll be talking to y'all in a little bit. Hope everyone has been doing well.
  3. I cannot believe our dear Beth is really gone. She had a huge heart and had such a way with words. She will be so dearly missed. The first time I "saw" her, she reminded me of someone that every grandchild would love to have as a grandma. So huggable and so full of love. She got her heart fixed, something she was so terrified of but she did it. Then she was so excited about her new eyes and teeth. She finally felt like she was getting a new lease on life. She loved her cats. I agree with Sarge. I feel honored to have "known" her and that my life is better for it. I will miss you Beth. You have helped so many people and probably never even knew it. And your words will live on to help many more.
  4. Please take a moment to today to think of JWG. He has been gone for 2 years today and I wish that he was here to see how successful this board is. And to continue supporting on his original board. He was an amazing man with a way with words and I dont' want him forgotten. Thanks y'all.
  5. ... replied to Evelyn's topic in Off The Record
    I AM !!!! and I LOVE IT !!
  6. ... replied to ...'s topic in Celebrations!
    On to Month 3 starting at 15:14 today.
  7. This needs to stay on page one. Thank you for this.
  8. ... replied to ...'s topic in The S.O.S. Board
    I want to smoke. Monkey is being very vocal today . I'm not going to. But I sure do feel weak.
  9. ... replied to ...'s topic in Off The Record
    Thanks y'all. It's not brought me to tears. It's just sort of a melancholy state where I don't give a rats ass about anything. I just want to sleep all the time. It sure does make quitting harder.
  10. ... posted a topic in Off The Record
    Did anyone suffer from depression 6 weeks into their quit ? I have been like this for the last month andI can't seem to shake it. I was told tonight to be patient and I do understand that.... but if anyone else has experienced this, maybe you have some suggestions that will help with this. I am a happy person and I don't like being like this. I don't know if this is part of the quit.... or something that I'm just going through. I have never been depressed this long before.
  11. Life. Life truly rocks. :D
  12. for me today at 15:14. Yay me !!!! On to month 2. I'm so done with smoking. Although I still have it tough at times, I take it one day at a time. And yuppers, got 30 of them bad boys behind me now.
  13. Well I feel like a moron. I didn't see this post. Oh well. I just knew I had seen that somewhere. Sorry,
  14. ... replied to ...'s topic in Quit Smoking Discussions
    Thanks.
  15. Ricki, it is so nice to see you at your one week. You are simply amazing. And your breath smells so much better !!! lol Keep on rocking this !!!! Your doing awesome !!!
  16. deleted.
  17. I have heard it takes about 3 months for that to clear up. Which if this is the case..... CONGRATULATIONS !!! You only have one more week of fuzziheadness to go !! But, and this is a big but, everyone's quit is different. I say give it some more time..... make sure your eating healthy as your blood sugars are greatly altered with quitting and one of the signs of altered blood sugars is mental fogginess. You're doing awesome and I am so glad you're here. And Beacon is right..... start exercising. It's good for the brain.
  18. CPK, If it really was this easy, then there wouldn't be anyone smoking. I get where your coming from. I have had a hard time with it myself in the past. It's almost unfair that they get to smoke and we don't. But it's not like that at all. He's a prisoner inside his own self. And he needs support. I encourage you to protect your quit in every way. But I also encourage you to examine why him smoking upsets you so much. I strongly think it's cause you have a heart. And you want to see him succeed. But I also wonder if there isn't an ounce of jealousy somewhere in there too. And IF that's the case, please remember there is nothing to be jealous of. He doesn't "get" to smoke. He feels like he HAS to smoke. And that is what is imprisoning him. Mike, you keep reading and talking to us. I want you here as much as possible. You have quit before and you CAN do it again.
  19. Mine is Monday, 03/09/2015. But please, no celebrations for me. It messes with my head. For some reason, I tend to think..... ok, I did it. Now I can smoke again. I appreciate you wanting to but I need to get some time behind me first.
  20. Yeah, thanks y'all. I may not be gone that long anyways. Being excited about my plans seems to trigger major craves. Which kinda sucks but it's ok. it just means that the next time I get excited, the crave will be less. I'm not giving in. So I reckon I'll be back for some reading and maybe, MAYBE, a little support. But I kinda want to do this on my own. I promise. I'm not going to smoke. I'm going to WIN this battle this time. One puff away from a pack a day.....or in my case, 2 packs a day. and that's just plain silly.
  21. ... replied to ...'s topic in Off The Record
    We are over 1000 !!!! And didn't even take a year. Bring it on 2015 !!!!
  22. Howdy !!! Glad your here.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.