Everything posted by Petra
-
I am....
I Am SuperMan!!!! https://youtu.be/IxQS6lfn0yU
-
David Bowie Dies ..
This one is affecting me. I think because it was a more "natural" death. Not depression or addiction. He got a disease and passed. So sad. :(
-
chicks or sticks
Yep. Looks like ya beat me to it. :) -2
-
Newbie
Hello and WELCOME!!! There are so many great articles you can find here. Also, many people found The Easy Way to Quit Smoking by Allen Carr a helpful read. Helps your head get into the positive mind set of being happy to be free instead of dreading having to give something up. You truly are gaining everything and losing nothing! Any struggles are TOTALLY worth being rid of the addiction. Post often about anything - if you're happy, mad, bored, celebrating. We are all here to support you and celebrate your successes!!!
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
-
chicks or sticks
In case you were wondering, this game has been going since January 1. Some one needs to win. I think it should be me! :)
- chicks or sticks
-
3 years for Chrispy!
YAY Chrispy!!! Our favorite dog!!! You Rock!!
-
Our Nancy has been smoke free for 30 months...
YAY Nancy!!!!
-
lost, thrown or chucked?
Hope you are well.
-
AUUUUGGGGHHH
I'm really sorry about your parent's cat. Man, it is tough to lose our animal friends. I hope you're feeling better.
- AUUUUGGGGHHH
- chicks or sticks
-
Jackpot now $1,000,000,000.00
First, I would pay off everything we owe. Second, I would give a sum to family members. I heard a suggestion of having them sign something to the effect of, "I'm giving you X dollars and no more. If you do not manage it wisely, do not come to me for more." I would give to charities and likely start my own charity. I would hire someone to help my husband, so he could take a step back from his work and have more freedom. (He's not allowed to retire yet, cuz I'm pretty sure he would drive me crazy if he was home every day. haha!! :) I'd put away for my kids, but if they choose the party life and squander away on partying and drugs, they'll have to live with the "live clean or live without my money" rules. I'll help them get clean anyway I can. I would pay for a couple of personal image improvement procedures - namely, re-do of braces, re-do/update of Lasik procedure, personal trainer and nutritionist to keep me in top shape and lose a few unwanted fat pounds. Maybe a "hold up the boobs" procedure. Since I don't smoke, I can hold off on Botox for a while if I can eat and exercise well. :) I would spend lots of time in Southern California and Colorado, and the rest of my time traveling all over the world. I'd like to help our Country as well, but I'm not currently sure how I would do that. (I'm not giving anything to Trump, Clinton, Bush or Sanders for absolute sure!) Good Luck!!! Guess I better buy some tix!
-
Watching others smoke
For me watching smokers made me so much more happy that I wasn't caught in that trap anymore. You can get sucked into the romance of it, but really watching them was like what Duck was saying. Watch the ugliness, the hotness of the lighter on your eyes and face as you light up, the burning on your lips, the nasty taste in your mouth, the burning as the smoke goes down your throat, the tightness in your lungs, the sick feeling in your gut, the relief when you blow all the smoke out of your body then, the stink that envelopes you, the cough that follows, the wish that you weren't addicted to this nasty evil substance. One drag from a smoke and ALL of that and even more nastiness occurs. No flucking thank you!!! Check out the hot guy eating chips & guac instead. Yum! Romanticize about that instead - even better if he is your spouse or significant other. ;) .
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
-
Sarge, Saw This And Thought Of You.
LMAO - literally LOL'd when I saw the pic. Alcohol is a tough one. It's really addictive and overall not healthy if someone indulges more often then they should, but so hard to stop because of it's social acceptance for one thing, addictive and habitual nature for another, and denial of addiction for a third. Smoking is so "BAD," but drinking is celebrated and encouraged. Bottom's Up!!! :)
-
Random Thoughts & Questions
Don't know, but my daughter asks the same question. Very good volleyball player, but 5'5". Coaches pick height over most everything else. Not to worry - lots of opportunities to play. She isn't going for the Olympics. She is on a fun team, enjoys playing and is growing - that is most important. Better to have fun playing and lose, then to not have fun playing and lose. Having fun and winning is the most fun, but some great growth can come from playing well, having fun and losing.