Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Petra

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Petra

  1. AWESOME!
  2. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -1
  3. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  4. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  5. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  6. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0
  7. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    4
  8. Have a great time tomorrow night! You will do great. A while back one of the ladies at work came into my office to talk to me. She was a heavy smoker. She smelled soooooo bad. My office reeked for like a half hour after she left. Ick! So happy I'm not a stinky smoker any more! :)
  9. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    3
  10. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    4
  11. Petra replied to Tink's topic in Off The Record
    Plucked chicken. Haha. :). Yea. I like a well-manicured grassy knoll look. :)
  12. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    5
  13. buMbLeB is a smart Duck. Listen to him. :) I think social smokers probably want to smoke all the time and smoke more than they admit, but there may be a few exceptions. Smoking sucks. I'm so happy I don't smoke any more. Stay quit, Goat!. keep posting and if you need to, send a bunch of PM's to Duck. Just kidding. send a PM to anyone. We love helping!
  14. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    5
  15. Petra replied to Tink's topic in Off The Record
    The Things We Do For Love https://youtu.be/a3WbTU_awCY
  16. Petra replied to Tink's topic in Off The Record
    Hilarious! I'm not sure which part has me laughing most, but the Sarge showing up for surgery chewing gum is in the lead. hahahaha! Sooooo, shave, wax or laser? Waxing is nice, but gotta shell out the bucks every few weeks, and you have stubble in between treatments. Shaving is cheaper, but not as smooth, and you gotta do that almost every day; otherwise, the stubble drives a lady damn near mad! Laser is expensive, but maybe worth it (although I'm not sure I want that laser getting too close to some of my lady parts, right?!? I've had about 6 bikini laser treatments (Groupon special - lol), but didn't go back cuz it hurt like a motha and more than 6 treatments are required for complete removal (though it pretty much worked on my underarms)....... Anyway, I'm running on, and I digress......... we are on the "off the record" forum, right?????
  17. My thoughts go to you too and your family, Chrispy. How sad. :( I'm so sorry he is in pain like that. This is a reminder to try to take better care of ourselves and live and love everyday.
  18. Petra replied to Sonic's topic in Off The Record
    hahahaha!
  19. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    6
  20. Petra replied to Tink's topic in Off The Record
    LMAO. noo noo selfies. hahaha :)
  21. Maybe try to go into Friday night with an attitude of excitement about being free. Look around at the people smoking and know that they are still trapped and you aren't. You will see in their faces that they aren't really enjoying it, and really it looks kinda silly, right? Dragging the smoke in, blowing it out. Crazy! Aren't you happy you're done with that? I sure am! I also wouldn't overdo the drinking. The temptation may be a little too strong if you are in a surrounding like that so early in your quit and you have a good buzz going. Also the first two weeks really are the hardest as your body adjusts. We all promise that it will get easier. Great job ditching the e-cig. Those things are useless and just keep us addicted and add a nice mix of harmful chemicals (even though they say there aren't any!). We'd love to hear how your night is going. Check in with us! :)
  22. Hello! Welcome to our little home on the web. It's great here!!! You're gonna love your smoke free self! I experienced a 2 year relapse after a solid 4 year quit. I was so mad, but fell into the, "I can smoke for one night, then go back to not smoking" trap once. Was very disappointed after I learned that indeed, one night of smoking took me right back to where I was before I quit. Had to quit all over again, which was a little harder the second time around. The first quit was very easy, I was so excited about becoming a non-smoker and happy to be free. The second time it wasn't awful, but I did have a few episodes of intense cravings. It was those moments that I came to the forum and got the support I needed. I have been smoke free for 2.5 years now and am very confident that I will never smoke again. I know how easy it is to slip back into it, and I never want to be a smoker again. One thing that helped me through intense cravings was to visualize smoking. I would close my eyes are really imagine myself smoking and I would try to remember and really FEEL it, the burn on my lips, the awful taste in my mouth, the smoke burning my eyes, the scratchiness in my throat, the smoke filling my lungs. All the gross, disgusting feelings I hated about smoking. This helped me a lot - reminded me of how badly I wanted to stay quit. Not sure if anyone else ever did this. Anyway, welcome!!!! Read a lot, post often, stay close, play games (except the Chicks and Sticks game, that one is boring and dumb, you don't need to play that one).
  23. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    6
  24. Lookin Beautiful!!! Pretty colors. :)
  25. BAT is FU!cking AWESOME1!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.