Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paul723

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Paul723

  1. I'm in favor of happy nurses ! Thanks nurses!
  2. Good luck for Colleen! O
  3. Paul723 replied to bakon's topic in Games
    - 14
  4. A. Here is a smoking related question, I've read about your desire to have your wife quit and thought she might do it on your last vacation (rats that she didn't), so what do you think can get someone else to quit? What have you tried that didn't work? I have a list of 14 people that I work with and it is a personal goal of mine to help them all quit. I know this is a hard question that maybe defies an easy peasy answer. I hate smoking and wish there was a way to help people stop. I've read a lot of threads about "what made you quit" and the answers are so varied that I struggle to see how to get someone to take the first step of the journey. B. Have you ever made sausage?
  5. Paul723 replied to Tink's topic in Socializing
    Peeping Tomcat?
  6. 19
  7. Start with walking.
  8. 19 All set up -
  9. Paul723 replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -12
  10. Congratulations! Keep being a good example!
  11. Eight is great! Congratulations! All the time you've spent on the cat thread and numbers game is paying off!
  12. Perfect!
  13. 17 Good morning
  14. 15
  15. Since you don't drink, you get the glass back with strawberry mousse, fresh strawberries, whipped cream and a vanilla cookie. I insert a drink combination I invented with gin, vermouth and an olive
  16. 13
  17. 5733 from me for Mike and all the others who die from this deadly addiction.
  18. 11
  19. And you get a rich guy on a camel looking vaguely vexed. I insert a relaxing sudoku puzzle book
  20. And you get a mild Spring shower to water the flowers. I insert a summer intern
  21. 9
  22. My earlier post was too abrupt (I had just spoken to Mike’s wife). To topic, the fear of quitting smoking is success, not death. The fear of not getting nicotine causes our addicted brains to dump adrenaline into our system and causes a flight or fight response. We were nearly in a panic at the thought. If you even talk to a smoker about quitting, you can see the withdrawals you are putting them in. Some stop smoking classes even allow smoking until the message to quit has been delivered. Mike had worked with me for about nine years and we took our smoke breaks together for all but the last two. He had been retired for three years when the doctors found the cancer. After the diagnosis, my wife and I drove an hour and a half to see him. I did not smoke along the way (wife’s car was non-smoking) and I did not want light up in Mike’s driveway as soon as I got there under the circumstances. We went to lunch and Mike was very matter of fact about lung cancer. His doctor told him the usual end game was pneumonia and suffocation. After lunch, I did not run out to the parking lot to smoke, though I was way into withdrawal, but out of respect refrained. We went back to Mike’s house to visit, as we say in the South, and I could feel the familiar trapped cravings. I was glad to leave my friend an hour later, drove two blocks from his house, got out of the car and smoked two straight cigarettes. I had gone about four hours without a smoke. What was my fear, lung cancer or not getting another cigarette? I was proud I was able to tell Mike I had quit a month after this visit. Do not fear success in quitting.
  23. Smoking killed my friend Mike yesterday. Lung cancer was diagnosed 10 months ago; I quit a month later. I'll miss him.
  24. 7

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.