Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jenny

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jenny

  1. Yummo!
  2. Jenny replied to cpk's topic in Quit Smoking Discussions
    Loving the avatar Seven. lmao!
  3. All I can say that I wish I had done things differently than I did because I gained nearly 60lbs. I struggle to get it back off--still. I don't feel like the extra calories and lack of exercise helped me to quit in any way. It just was not something I thought about much, until it was too late. Because of that I tend to tell folks that if their eating habits have changed while they cope with quitting smoking it's a good idea to kick the exercise up too. Sometimes it comes down to age too. Someone in their 20's is not going to have as much difficulty taking the weight back off as someone in their mid 40's like me. That said if someone really feels too stressed to think about diet and exercise while quitting then they should just focus on the quit. Whatever works. :)
  4. That's a powerful number! A group of people getting together to pledge NOPE each day are a force to be reckoned with!
  5. Jenny replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Guess I should a known by the way you parked your car sideways that it wouldn't last
  6. Jenny replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Tried my imagination, but I was disturbed
  7. Free legal drugs are always good. Good luck Mike.
  8. Jenny replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight It must've been some kind of kiss
  9. You can beat a crave back just by having snacks on hand. Nuts, seeds, grapes (frozen in summer) sugar free candy. All of it can provide the distraction needed to get through a tough moment. Give it a try! But focus on healthy snacks to go along with the new healthier you and to keep weight gain to a minimum. Make this the year about you by getting healthy and happy!
  10. Jenny replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    lol!
  11. Yaaaaah haaa
  12. LOL, I fixed question 1! The other two have the correct answers!
  13. Jenny posted a topic in Socializing
    :search:
  14. There will never be a time you don't find support here Tiff. Reach out as often as you need. We're here to help. :) XX So good to have you here.
  15. Congrats Nancy! Where has the time gone?!
  16. I love the smells of spring and cannot wait! I'll be doing a small garden for the first time this year and I am so looking forward to getting started!
  17. I second this! Do it for the quitters MQ!
  18. Jenny replied to Sarah's topic in Off The Record
    Have fun and please do come back and tell us how it went! ON a side note...caring for kids that are not your own is the sign of a good heart.
  19. Perhaps the chickens ran off with the Turkeys? I want to go to the farms and Bars place. That looks nice.
  20. What! Boating accidents my ass! The lakes are frozen 9 months of the year!!
  21. Awww. So glad you were able to shake it off in the numbers game. :) xx We love our little Ginger as a Non smoker.
  22. Yes, this is quite true. It certainly takes time for that "normal" feeling to settle in and when it happens is different for everyone. I remember thinking I just wanted to get to a point where I didn't constantly have to try to NOT think of smoking or quitting and just live my life again. The mental part of quitting is so tiring! Now that I have my "new normal" I've found that it is really my "old" normal! The normal I had before I smoked and it's a pretty darn nice place to be. Keep it moving! It will happen for you too but a watched pot never boils. I can see you've realized that already. Exercise is a great way to keep your mind free of the junkie clutter and also to combat the weight gain that plagues some of us. If I could do it again I would exercise right from the beginning. You're doing so well! Very insightful. :)
  23. I think Lace maybe should introduce herself since there is so much confusion on her name...lol

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.