Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kris

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kris

  1. @intoxicated yodaCan't speak of your specific struggles, for me it is just the getting older stuff. I do not know much about you but can say I think you should be a writer...a book, a blog etc. You are a very interesting detailed read. I wish I could be so enthralling to those who read my words. It is a gift you have been given. Wishing you success in the battle with your belly. K
  2. 5. Teeth ( okay I know it is weird but I have my son's baby teeth)
  3. 7. School Annuals( I am a library girl for books)
  4. @Opah. Potstickers are little asian dumplings filled with chicken, pork or veggies. I have never seen this child drink a soda, he likes juice, water and sometimes milk. He was on an overnight here and when my son picked him up I promptly took a nap. K
  5. 2. L D Bell High School Marching Band * son trumpet player
  6. Had my grandson overnight. He had two bowls of Lucky Charms for breakfast and declared still hungry. Looked in freezer and wanted pot stickers. Went to check, asked him if they were good, reply "yeah they are good and this ice water is really good" Hey now! first time I was ever complimented on my water, I must be a gourmet chef. "I wish he would drink milk" K
  7. Dang Linda you beat me so were on they pantry. 1. 10 boxes of cold cereals (healthy and not) keep stocked for the grandchild.
  8. 8. Little electric train that goes around the tree. K In the backyard shed.
  9. @d2e8b8I am jealous, right now it is a hike to get to the bathroom! K
  10. @reciprocityAt last, there is something fun to do with a broom! I do use mine once in awhile to fly about and fuss and curse but other than that I sweep the floor again and again and again. I need hairless dogs that do not bring the yard into the house. K
  11. Here but fading fast, going to my private sleeping car. Have a great night all! K
  12. @KimberbeeThanks,,,,just wondering if your and up all night person. I am going thru one of my insomnia phases again..fixing to try to shut if down for the night, I have my grandson tomorrow.I just realized how late it was. Watching some kind of clash of the cover band show and it is really good. Have to put this one on the DVR. I am going to try to go to sleep. Hope you have a good night and talk to you soon! K
  13. Finally I am starting to learn some valuable lessons. The grandson also appreciates that I have more time to do fun things with him instead of going outside to smoke. They are so smart. I hope he is learning from me. He is only 8 but I talk to him about these things in an age appropriate way so it may help him when he gets older to make good decisions. I count my self lucky my son did not pick up the habit from watching me. K
  14. 1. Stockings and a handmaid christmas tree skirt that I got for my sons first christmas K
  15. I will be here waiting for you when you are ready. I was not ready at first, I had part of a carton left and made the decision when they were gone that was it and I somehow, I do not know how did it. Funny thing,last week my grandson was here and we were making cookies, I told him to grab a spoon. When he opened the drawer I still had a bunch of lighters there. He said "what are those for?" Well they are for lighting candles that smell good, lighting your birthday candles, lighting a fire in the fireplace and the barbeque grill. At least we have good things to do with those lighters! K
  16. Thanks @jillar I guess I am still in the learning phase of all this techno wizardrey. I will try to be more aware of where things started. I kind of jump in out of no where. I see something and just start typing. My apologies Yoda, did not mean to highjack K
  17. Come on the train stops everywhere for passengers. You are ready, you can do it! See you at the next stop. Heck I even ran after it like a hobo and was able to get on. LOL K
  18. May be that if some things would roll off my tongue instead of down my throat I could lose some weight. LOL K
  19. I have no idea where that is but we might be able to make work. I will look it up. If you could take the Texas summers, you could move there and escape your winters. I am only afraid to move north because I just don't know all the things about survival in that climate and I am to old to learn. K
  20. @LindaOkay, you did not make it and I hate to tell you but I made the best burger ever! If things ever get tight around here I will open a burger stand at the end of the driveway. I was quite sucessful as a child running a KoolAid operation. My future is secure. K
  21. May we ask why you like this word, you have been a plethora of hope. guidance and advice to us. I hope that also fits in with your everyday life, a plethora of love, family, joy, friends and all of the things that give you joy! K
  22. In Texas (north) we get some cold weather but nothing like you do. In my youth I loved the summer and the heat, but the older I get I love the cold. I used to joke with a friend I should more to Alaska or Montana for a longer winter. We did have one bad storm last year over the state where a lot of people suffered. I was fine because I have a gas driven fire place and I could cook on my gas grill. I really did not have problems but I did not have to leave my home because I try to be prepared for emergencies. I always have a full pantry. I am thinking I might invest in a generator for electricity failure. I am fine for the winter but if the electric goes out in the summer I will be at a hotel for A/C. Sorry you are not near by would be happy to have you for dinner and a movie. K
  23. Kris replied to KEL's topic in Celebrations!
    @KELNot meant to offend, I had been in that position before. My husband had to be so called committed after brain surgery. He suffered a bad all during his cancer treatment and sustained a TBI. They sent him home after rehab and did not prepare me for his scary behavior. I took him back to the hospital but they could not care for him there, so placed him in a facility where they took all mentally ill patients (homeless and or arrested. It was the scariest thing I every went thru. All the patients would flock to me for things when I went to visit. Most often for smokes or food of some sort. I was not allowed to take my purse in much less anything else. It broke my heart, I knew my husband was not there for long but those people had no one, no hope. I truly admire that you care enough to be there for comfort for those lost in the system. K
  24. @JilIar, actually went to the liquor store when I went to get my shot. All things (except smokes) must be stocked up now just in case things go sideways again. I feel kind bad, like I need to go by the smoke shop I used for my cartons and say goodbye. No, that is not going to happen! K
  25. Kris replied to KEL's topic in Celebrations!
    That is great, I think if you had gone to get something for you client you would have put yourself at risk. If the client is there next time you are volunteering you should tell them you used to but quit, that might just put the thought in their head. Here is a person that wanst to help me because she is also helping herself. Just a thought. It makes me feel good to tell people that I have quit, gives me more a sense of commitment to my own quit. I chunked my outside ashtray the first day, I did not want it to remind me. I actually had neighbors come to check on me because I am never outside anymore. K

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.