Everything posted by Markus
-
Time to go - Best Wishes to All
To all, I don't know how to handle leaving all of the friends I have made here and those who came over from the other site. I don't want to flounce out of here, I have always hated that. But, it is essential that I go live my non-smoking life now as it is meant to be. 6 plus years is a long time on these boards. I hope you can understand that. Please keep the quit, MQ has a great site here and some great staff members who are special friends to me, and who have helped grow this place. Best to you all and continued success with this venture. :) Markus
-
By Ladybug..this is why I left!
And so it is...the story of us. While relapse is not part of the "ideal" of the quit process, it is part of the actual quit that some people work through, and eventually they get it right. I think LB should have had a good talk with Beth, the Queen of Green. Apparently being part of a place that allows relapsed members to find their sticky quit does not sit well with some people. And that is a choice they have to make. Whether we like it or not we have to accept their decision. Goodbye Ladybug! Best of everything to you. :) Markus
-
Please dont read. Private info posted for one member only.
Bakon Hey some kid just took off on your sled and he was riding a wheelie for the first 200 yards hahaha
-
First Smoke Free Holiday/Vacation - Road Trip
oh lucky you Tracey, I hope you have a lot of fun and take photos for us :) I want to go to the mountains this summer again...
-
Aine is celebrating 2 months today!!!
Aine, Great job on the 2 months quit! :) You've done really well, I hope you celebrated it! Sorry I'm late (told you I was a slacker didn't I) Markus
-
Julie`s 3 Month Quit - Freedom Happy Dance
Julie Congrats on the 3 month quit! Very well done. :) I hope you find some time to celebrate the occasion, it is a very big accomplishment you know! :) Markus
-
****Congratulations AVA (Jen) 1 year SMOBER!!!!*****
Jen Way to go girl, your first year of many non-smoking years! :) I am so proud of you! Awesome job. I hope you have time to celebrate the occasion!
-
Its been 5 yrs.
Beth, Way to go that's some inspiration. :) Some of the peripheral arterial issues get better over time, I have Dopplers on my legs every year. They haven't gotten any worse & the pressures are good. The stent in the left femoral is okay...Peripheral Arterial Disease sux. If you're quit, stay that way, if you are young and quit thats even better. There are some things that come up after 30 plus years of smoking that you see in your 50's . You do not want to see these things, do the right thing read the old timer's stories and believe it when they talk about medical issues. Quit now for good.
-
Jenny has 700 Days!!!
Jenny WTG...those are big numbers :) Seems like you were just a baby quit and now you're all grown up!
-
Quitting on a whim
Sarah I quit on a whim too. No plan, no nothing, no board, no forum, just desire. I wanted my life back when I finally saw I had no control over my addiction. 35 years of smoking So there is nothing wrong with your quit Sarah. Keep the quit, there are people literally dying to be where you are right now. Concentrate on learning about your addiction, stay away from toxic people and substances...and places. Be on guard, always. I threw away a 2 month quit once b/c I was stupid. Stay here, keep posting...you're doing great. :) KTQ Markus
-
Its been 5 yrs.
Beth WTG No telling where you would be at now if you hadn't quit. :)
-
Something you wouldn't know about me...
I ignore my desk phone when it is ringing unless it's my boss or a call I am expecting. I have found most people will not leave a voice mail and more often than not they eventually solve their own problems or pass them on to someone else. I also delete most of my company e-mail without reading it because it is mostly propaganda and/or garbage. This leaves me time to do the things I want to do, like "working" or streaming Pandora.
-
Blame nothing but yourself.
Great post Rachael That's right, go stand next to a mirror if you want to know why you can't stay quit. You're the reason. KTQ
-
Relapsing is not a crime
MQ you said a mouthful there. Relapses are planned failures. People know there is a high probability that they will relapse and do so anyway. In 1988 I had quit for 2 months. A friend of mine came over and we went to a pool hall to practice for city league. We drank beer and after a few I decided I needed a cigarette and bummed one after another, then I bought a pack from the machine. I remember thinking before he came over, that I would probably smoke. Within a few weeks I was back to two packs a day. My quit meant nothing to me. I threw it away like it was some piece of garbage. There was no SOS and nobody to "call" to come running and beg me not to smoke. Nobody cared, and nobody noticed. It took me 20 years before I tried again. This is the second time I have quit. So, too bad I decided to throw it away, I could have been 25 years quit. Could have been a lot healthier and not have the problems I have because of smoking. Should have, could have, too bad for me and too bad for you that you made the wrong choice and blew your quit. Maybe next time you'll think twice about it. Quitting smoking is not some silly game that you can play with. It will burn you but good if you let it. Relapse isn't a crime, it's planned failure.
-
Can you help?
Jen Here is a link that has some info the one advertised in Arabica, 5 pounds At the bottom there are more sources Have you tried Dollar stores or Costco? http://www.gourmet-coffee.com/gourmet-blend.html
-
Quit Motivation...Quotes & Pictures...Funny or Not
- Man in Skirt
Congrats on the big 3 months Bandito! Great job. This next one is a par 4 for birdie. :)- I Quit Smoking - Now What Do I Do?
.- Something you wouldn't know about me...
I can ride a unicycle, walk on stilts and scare small children.- I think...
Great post Jenny!- What would you do?
LB, Nice post, its a means to an end and a way to calm one's inner self as opposed to giving in to every twinge, and thought that bounces through our craniums. Stop pretending and name it for what it is. So what is it and Is it true? Is it 1,000 hungry tigers? No. It's one hungry tiger here...does not like veggies. Like's pizza though no anchovies :)- What Am I Missing - Why Can't I Quit?
.- So what happened on my first night out?
Good job on keeping the quit! Great story about your first night out and about.- Sorry for cussing
Wanted: Hard core nicotine addicts looking for same. No gender preference. Addict must be willing to turn themselves inside out to understand the affliction. No "never smokers" need answer this ad.- Post a Song you Like
- Man in Skirt