Everything posted by Markus
-
Pre Respond to your own SOS
MQ thanks Me too, I like the lyrics on Expresso Love. I like Iron Hand, and What It Is just a few faves.
-
Pre Respond to your own SOS
Roll out here mister If you need a little rest Lay me down in Marbletown A bone yard is the best There was a bad bull on the railroad Tried to pull me off this train Lay me down in Marbletown 'Til the coast is clear again I can hear them a-hollerin' 'We got a man down here We got a man down' I'm gonna flip me a cannonball That won't stop for anyone Lay me down in Marbletown Wait 'til morning comes I'm gonna roll out here in the tombstones Wait here on my train Lay me down in Marbletown I hope that it don't rain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s70CtGc43A
-
I'm just looking over the members list, and I'll say this:
Welcome Christa! :) I almost typed "good to see you"...lol Don't want no trouble...
-
**Poetry and Motivational**
Nothing to Fear By Author Unknown There's nothing to fear --- you're as good as the best, As strong as the mightiest, too. You can win in every battle or test; For there's no one just like you. There's only one you in the world today; So nobody else, you see, Can do your work in as fine a way: You're the only you there'll be ! So face the world, and all life is yours To conquer and love and live: And you'll find the happiness that endures In just the measure you give; There's nothing too good for you to possess, Nor heights where you cannot go: Your power is more than belief or guess --- It is something you have to know. There is nothing to fear --- you can and you will. For you are the invincible you. Set your foot on the highest hill --- There's nothing you cannot do. -- Author Unknown
-
Jump on Board
All of us have the potential to be inspirational to someone reading on this site. I have been inspired by people who have only begun their quit as well as those ahead of me and next to me. Keep an open mind.
-
Too Late to Quit
It's the story of you and all of us :) Great piece of writing! I would never quit either, I was a "proper smoker".
- My Smoking Addiction - Liar
-
My temper
I read this link earlier, I like that it focuses on a real person. We have these emotions, but we aren't alone in this world. I rather liked reading this one. http://psychcentral.com/lib/7-mistaken-assumptions-angry-people-make/00012480
-
My temper
- My temper
The anger is difficult to manage at times. Finally the realization sets in that the rage comes with a price that is too steep to pay. It isn't worth it. I don't like the results. I have to live with it, it's part of taking accountability for what I do. I don't have the answer, but I do know that it isn't always deserving of rage as it initially seems to be. I have to count from 1 to 10 a lot. It helps.- Why did you quit smoking?
I quit smoking for the same reason I started smoking. It was a choice. I chose to smoke. And 35 years later I chose to quit. I hold myself accountable for all of my choices, good or bad.- GAME...the person above me!
TPAM lives in London town- **Post A Song You Like**
- **Post A Song You Like**
- **Post A Song You Like**
- **Post A Song You Like**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Mr0boww2w- I like this place
I like this place too. I hope everyone does well here, and can forget the sewer that the other site has become. So glad to be here! :)- Smug nonsmoker
Beacon I wouldn't say you were smug acting...maybe just like a wee bit superior huh? :) A little nosmo snobbery, what's wrong with flaunting it? You know like if you got it...flaunt it. That's why I like summer I get to show off my ________ :) see how I took that and turned it around on you?- Hello New Here
Welcome Carly! I hope you will like it and prosper here :)- soul
Hi Soul! Very nice, so glad you could make it :)- Testing the sos. Imagine I'm sending one out. I'm timing the reply...
Yessss!! LMAO eggsactly the desired response to the stimulus...good cause and effect. Good use of the Scientific Method lol :)- Hey guys! I love the new digs! :)
Hi Daisyjane! Welcome to the new hangout! Here's a seat for you on the big couch, make yourself at home. The keg is in the kitchen, the wine is in the fridge :)- Welcome To a New Life - Your Quit!
It's all very personal. Even though the methods used to quit are the same with slight variations depending on an individual's preference it all is a very personal thing. You always choose what works for you or just wing it. You do that on your own, always. Some plans I see I just cringe, but you know it usually ends up that it works for that person. A step-wise plan to quit is a good idea but doesn't need to be complex, and a fallback plan is even better. You can start by acting like a nonsmoker; see yourself a few weeks and a few months from now. What do you look like, what are you doing? Get to the reading and the writing. Post and become a part of this forum and pay it forward to cement your quit in your mind. You will do this on your own with a little help (minimal) assistance from your friends here. Nobody can quit for you, but you can learn how to stay quit here. Any or all of items 1-7 below, will make it better. (1) Commit to Not One Puff Ever (NOPE). (2) Commit to Never Take Another Puff (NTAP). (3) Educate yourself about your addiction. Read, post, learn, overcome. Lather, rinse, repeat. (4) Decide that you do not want to smoke more than you want to smoke. This may save you from relapse. (5) Take control of your life, reclaim your mind and body, and get it straight about who owns you. Is it you? Or your addiction? (6) Realize that you'll always be an addict, a puff away from a pack a day, but you choose not to smoke. That's all of us. (7) Start acting like a non smoker, like you never smoked, walk the walk. A cigarette is never the answer to anything but disease. ( 8 Have a plan B if Plan A that you are using now fails. Make your plan B from steps 1-7, above. *(9) Celebrate your quit! Talk it up, be proud of what you have accomplished! Alright, enough with the steps and commitment to this and that already! Look at this logically if you will. :) How else can you possibly quit smoking by any other means than stopping using cigarettes? The addiction to nicotine cannot be overcome by administering the same thing to yourself that you are addicted to, (nicotine). What that means is when you are at 5 days, 7 days, 10 days, 28 days quit, and you find yourself craving a cigarette (your delivery device for nicotine), you cannot beat that crave/association with a cigarette. You might fix a bad hangover with some hair of the dog that bit you, but you can't fix a cigarette crave with a cigarette and still expect to quit smoking. Can you? Now go look at the items again, you have the desire. What is missing if anything? You decide along the way, revamp the plan if you need to, adapt to your conditions, if something isn't working, get rid of it. Anything to keep the quit. You have to be fair to yourself, but firm. It will get better over time, but you'll only see it if you commit to it. And so you will. Welcome to a new life! :)- How do I quit smoking cigarettes?
You want to know how to quit smoking? I mean all you really want is for it to get better, correct? When will it get better? You can conjure up a quit out of thin air, and that's exactly how it is done. Your wish becomes a desire, your desire becomes reality, a sort of a perception is reality mind game. That's one thing to remember, that this is a mind game. What keeps you motivated is the same thing that keeps you not smoking in the middle of all of your friends/mates who puff away around you. You will stand right in the midst of them and you will not cave. All you need is to have a plan and execute it. Have some patience with yourself; you didn't get this way in 3 days, 5 days, and 30 days. It will get better. Flying by the seat of your pants is also an option, but at some point in time you need to hold yourself accountable and commit to your quit in the face of all obstacles you face and the temptations you may have. You can do it.- This forum is followed by one anonymous user
- My temper
Important Information
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.