Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lilly

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lilly

  1. Fantastic Mona - well done
  2. Well done Sunshine. You kept going and now you're at five months. Make sure you celebrate
  3. Thanks everyone. The support and encouragement keeps me going so it's really appreciated x
  4. I tried the strongest patch when I first quit but it was a bit too much for me so used the middle one instead. So did 10 weeks on that one and yesterday I started the lowest patch. I could really notice the difference but came here and posted when it got too much. The plan is to be on this one for 2-4 weeks. Anyway, I'm feeling really happy I got through the day so wanted to share this little milestone
  5. Hmmm I've given it some thought and I might give it a miss today
  6. Reci I really love this perspective because it made me realise this is me since I quit. On reflection I don't think I ever really dealt with much in life. As soon as a problem came along I would throw a big hissy fit and head outside to chain smoke. When that guy pissed me off at work I came here and talked about it on my thread and when I got upset about NRT I wrote an SOS. I talked and people here helped me and I got past it. I actually dealt with my feelings rather than smoke. Don't get too excited guys. Not smoking won't change me from being an over opinionated, volatile, self righteous dick lol.
  7. I used to like just sitting somewhere quiet and having a cigarette. I don't get the same feeling just sitting in a corner without the smoke. Our quits are still very young so we're still battling through each day. Hopefully once we get past the next couple of months we'll feel more comfortable with our new lives.
  8. It's a no from me
  9. @reciprocity everything you have said made complete sense and helps. The forum is a lifeline for me and as you say everyone here understands. I might go and read up on some no man's land stuff later on this afternoon. I might get a bag of Smokey Bacon today to honour you
  10. Ironically the thing that has tested my quit the most isn't me or smoking - it's other people. Oh you're using NRT You haven't really quit as your still using nicotine How long is this one going to last Then there's the "how to quit properly police". If you're not doing it how they think it should be done you're doomed. Oh and shops who don't stock marmite crisps. They are my go to crave buster and I get a bit panicked when I can't find them.
  11. 9 months is epic. Well done on getting another month closer to the lido deck
  12. Thanks for looking out for us Jillar. I feel I've turned a corner in the last few days. I'm feeling much happier in myself and I'm not just sitting around waiting to cross another day off the calendar. I still think about smoking a lot but I'm finally feeling proud that I've kept going
  13. Each to their own
  14. Thank you @Ankush
  15. People can get addicted to healthy things in life too. Got to be honest and say I don't buy into a lot of the psychology of smoking. I enjoyed smoking but saying that out loud doesn't mean I'm deluded, uneducated on smoking or I can't quit. Allen Carr and Joel made the psychology of addiction fashionable. People managed to quit for years without feeling they ever had to succumb to the "you don't enjoy it - you're just satisfying your withdrawal" mentality. I love butter and eat loads of it on fresh bread. I enjoy it but that doesn't mean it's not bad for me. Heart attacks are just as likely from a bad fatty diet as they are from smoking. So yes I enjoyed smoking as much as I do my bread and really thick butter, fried food, stodgy puddings and alcohol. So personally I definitely think a lot about quitting all the things I enjoy
  16. Congratulations Solo. I'm sure you will be as successful with the weight losd as you have been with quitting
  17. Lilly replied to beazel's topic in Games
    You are right - I'm very much a loner
  18. Congratulations to you
  19. Lilly replied to Tink's topic in Games
    Eggs Benedict
  20. Zulu
  21. Lilly replied to beazel's topic in Games
    I'd rather be alone and happy
  22. Lilly replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Youngish
  23. First second third
  24. Lilly replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Home Alone
  25. Lilly replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Drape

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.