Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

notsmokinjo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by notsmokinjo

  1. Martin Luther King.... it had to be said.
  2. Well if Junior Wee wants to be the boss, and Snr Wee wants to by the Syn... can I be the cate?
  3. notsmokinjo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    6
  4. OK... so I used me fizchick abilities and can tell you that the next word is ..... Forgetful
  5. I'm happy to be the Cate, always fancied being a Cate. Do you think it suits me?
  6. notsmokinjo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    1 ... G is on the money... had to go pick someone up and drive them home.
  7. notsmokinjo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    00 .. have to do taxi duty... bbs
  8. Grandma S ... the woman had 10 kids of her own and took in 8 more and I was a teen before I knew we weren't all blood..... bloody legend who loved you just the way you were and tended to have the softest spot for the roughest diamonds.
  9. Happy Sunday fellow Nopers. Hope your weekend is shaping up nicely. Today there are a few countries celebrating Cancer Survivors Day... because just like successful Old Phartes are the beacons of hope for the Newbies, Cancer survivors are the beacons of hope for those coming behind them. So because I'm never going to stop fighting... I say: NOPE ... cos nothing is better than NOPE. Topic of the day: to be advised in the northy tomorrow.
  10. I tend to agree with Jillar that it sounds like anxiety, however in my case my smoking was hiding the fact I had a thyroid issue as the nicotine was treating the anxiety associated with my thyroid condition. I used NRT gum in the early days of my quit which still helped hide the symptoms but once I stopped that it went into over drive. It is worth going to your doctor and asking for some blood tests and check your thyroid levels. Before the diagnosis though the way I was dealing with the anxiety, which can be physically crippling was a breathing technique.... I would take a breath, usually drawing on an imaginary smoke (my pen, a straw) and hold for a 3 count then slowly breath out over the next 3 count. Beath in over 3, hold 3 , out over 3.... I would do this for about 2 minutes and just concentrate on the breathing while I did it. Thanks for posting about this. It is so scary when it happens and you are so not the only one. It gets better further into the quit... its partly the nicotine receptors trying to get you to feed the addiction in most cases. But if you think its more do go to your doctor.
  11. notsmokinjo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0 00
  12. notsmokinjo replied to Tink's topic in Games
    rum baba
  13. notsmokinjo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6 .. Boo was killing copperheads near his rubbish bin, the are snakes but obviously not in your area. ... So would you kill a snake with a shovel or your gun... trying to re-affirm my stereo type that all americans are gun wielding. (cos we aren't)
  14. notsmokinjo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6 ... well I'm getting ready for a busy sunday by watching Dr Doolittle with the kid cos we are having an up late night
  15. notsmokinjo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6 ... morning Geeski.... now if you had to kill a copperhead would you shovel it our blow it to smitherines with ya gun???
  16. UM... I know there has been kilt making so I am going to say 3 is true, your scottish and they are a hardy lot so one could be true but your a mumma and you probably had to take the weans at least once or twice... in the past 5 years..... I would do 2 if it was me and i missed out on tickets.... but then you might have tickets and really be going.... which would be awesome and so because I really truly hope number 2 is the lie cos you have tickets I will pick..... 2
  17. @catlover , this ones for you:
  18. notsmokinjo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4 dunno it drew itself... must be a good omen.
  19. notsmokinjo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    - 2
  20. notsmokinjo replied to Sazerac's topic in Socializing
    Oh they aren't mine, they're just random net ones... ours are all wintery atm with no flowers.. I'll get pics come spring when they pop into colour.
  21. notsmokinjo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    ?^^ Yeah nah, its only about 5 mins away. I'll be leaving soon. -2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.