Everything posted by notsmokinjo
- chicks or sticks
-
Big Celebration on the Lido deck 7th August
You do realise I don't do Beetles covers.. well Help, but i do the Johnny Farnham version
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
-
Tuesday 7th August 2018
Good Morning NOPErs ... today is Lighthouse Day and even though this is the Quit Train it is also a lighthouse, a beacon of safety for those on the quit journey. It is full of little lighthouses that guide and lead the way for those quitters coming behind them. So on Lighthouse Day remember those who have been your guiding light in your quit and to our very own toady lighthouse who happens to be celebrating her 5th glorious year smoke free... Keep Shining Bright Doreen cos your leading many of us out of the dark. NOPE ... because I have seen the light! Topic of the Day: Inspirations
- chicks or sticks
-
Big Celebration on the Lido deck 7th August
^^^ I thought he was saving the drop sheet and garage for when Pork Chop visits?????
- chicks or sticks
-
chicks or sticks
-9 ... of course you wouldn't your a veritable paragon of virtue.
-
chicks or sticks
-9 ... hmmm i think your tellin porkies now.
-
chicks or sticks
-9 ... did you tell me no???
-
Feelings of helplessness and low self esteem
Sorry you have to deal with all this emotional sloth so early in your quit. I get where you coming from, probably better than you think. I was just lucky that I got to deal with it later in my quit. So I am coming to the conclusion that it doesn´t matter what I do or how hard I try it is never going to change the way my mother interacts with me. I´m also coming to realise that is on her, not me, and that it is her loss that we will never have the sort of relationship that we could or should... and I´m beginning to realise that I am OK with that... I have never had it, I never will have it, and unlike in the past lighting up and having a smoke isn´t going to make it hurt less or fill the void or answer the million but why questions. I only said to Saz the other day I was shocked by how many emotional issues and hurts from my childhood I thought I had dealt with have resurfaced during my quit. I have realised that I was using smokes as an emotional cork in the bottle of hurt... mum did something that hurt have a smoke, zone it out and put a cork in it.... not having that has made it all come out but I am better for it. I am dealing with the triggers and while I´m doubtful I will ever forgive her and I´ll never forget I think I´m going to get to the point where i don´t need or care about her love and respect anymore and my life is actually going to be better off for it. So as others have said.... the most important thing at the moment is you and your quit... set up an alternative 'reward' for putting up with the parents shit for now... so when they get on you have a mint or a sweet and walk away for a minute... or munch a carrot or celery stick... just don't give them or the nicob1tch the power to keep hurting you... nicotine and a smoke wont make it feel better and it wont love you or make you respect yourself... you can do that, you can love yourself by not smoking, you can boost your self esteem by not giving in to the addiction, because you are a wonderful, amazing, powerful woman who is so much better than her parents because you are giving them what they never gave you and not for any reward or prize but because you are a caring, compassionate woman who gives of herself because she can, on her terms, in her time.
- chicks or sticks
-
Not In My Living Room A-Z
how hard was that knock to ya noggin??? Q*bert
- chicks or sticks
- chicks or sticks
-
I still own an ashtray
what an awesome mozzie coil holder even if it is a 70's style take on art deco. Because I never smoked inside I had an old Coffee tin which is long gone and one of those pocket ashtrays so when I was out and about I didn't have to drop a but.... oh and those plastic bucket ones that were supposed to be fire proof but I could always manage to set on fire...
-
##New game## ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer
because drains are for water not food. why is jillar putting food down the drain?
-
Answer a question with a song title.
U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer So what skill set do you bring to the enterprise?
- chicks or sticks
-
WeegieWoman is 9 Months Smoke Free
WOOHOO... ripperoonie to a great mate, even if your work out regime makes me want to run and hide. What a frickin great job ya doin on this quitting thing and thank heaps for always bein there when I need someone to give me a razz... even when I don't bother to let anyone know I'm strugglin. Its because of having quality people like you in my corner and watching my back that I'm still here. So, cos ya such an awesome chook you better do somthin spectacular to celebrate the last of your single digit monthaversary.... cos next month and ya double figures and before ya know it you'll be an old pharte like Jillar & Fluffy. So just keep rowing, just keep rowing and before we know it we will be partying hard on the Lido Deck...