Everything posted by PixelSketch
-
Sunday 24 th September 2017
- chicks or sticks
- Feeling like Im slowly sinking
There are sucky days, but they do pass. And they come less and less often the longer you stay quit. You can do this! Keep busy and focus on the positive changes in your life. :)- Struggling a bit
I had a bit of tightness in my chest for the first few weeks. Though I also have ongoing allergy and sinus issues that flare up now and then. Still have those, but the chest issues never came back after the first month or so. I remember I had all sorts of weird symptoms that first month. If you're worried, go see the doctor. It's always a good idea to be sure.- 5 years free for our Bakon!!!!
Happy Happy 5 years Bakon!!! Thank you for all that you do here. I can't imagine this place without you! Time to party!!- chicks or sticks
- The neighborhood Cafe
Beautiful lady!!!- Magical Mystery Pain
Hoping it's a minor issue. Sending you positive thoughts!- I've got gallstones !!!!!
I'm sorry to hear that Doreen! Hope they get them out soon and you're back to feeling fabulous again!- TWO more sleeps!!
- chicks or sticks
- Counting it down...three days and then the Big Day!!!
3 Days! I've got my party shoes on!- Hi, I hope I will Be Welcome Here [E-Cigarette Dilemma]
Hey! A fellow 1973 baby! :yahoo: Welcome KT! I'm glad you found us here. There's some great advice above. Take it one tiny bit at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow. Just focus on right now and NOPE. You can do this. I tried vaping for a bit a few years ago, but I always went back to the cigarettes. Either way, it was still a nicotine delivery system. Educate yourself about nicotine addiction, read the posts here, watch the videos. I found having all of that information on hand really helped me understand what I was dealing with in terms of the addiction. And if I could understand it, I could beat it. You've got this and we're here any time you need us.- Friday, September 22, 2017
- Don,t leave quitting ,until it's too late !!!!
Life after quitting gets sooo good! I know it can seem scary to make this decision, but, in reality, it's far more scary to keep smoking. Hop aboard the fun train, next stop NOPE station! (Not One Puff Ever) :)- Jayhawk is 2 Months Smoke Free Today!!
Awesome job Jayhawk!!- chicks or sticks
- Only 4 days left!!!
- Our Pixie has 6 months !!!
Oh, I've missed all the good natured trash talk around here! Hahaha! So good to be back. #LeafsRule4Ever :P- chicks or sticks
- Just wanted to say hi
Hi Jryan! You can't change the past, but you've taken control of your future and that's the best thing to focus on! :) I quit at 43, after around 20 years of smoking, in the later years, about a pack a day or so. Sometimes less, sometimes more. I can't do anything about that. But from the moment I quit I started to make better choices about taking care of my health. I workout, I eat healthy, I keep my doctor's appointments. There isn't much more I can do beyond that, other than to enjoy life. Work hard, play hard, you know? I think while we are smoking, the addiction works very hard to help us push away the realities of what we are truly doing to ourselves, in order to keep us hooked. When we quit, that's when we start to really see the reality of what cigarettes do. I've had several freakouts over that once I stopped smoking. Some days every freckle was cancer and and every sniffle meant the end. I think it's a normal part of your brain coming back to normal and rewiring itself after all the years of being controlled by the nicotine. I remember not too long after I quit, I had an appointment to the dentist. No big deal, just a routine thing. I go regularly, so I had seen him just a few short months earlier. But all of a sudden, I was obsessed with thinking that I had oral cancer and any bump or mark was a tumour. I spent days and days before the appointment staring at my tongue in the mirror. Just freaking out. Finally the day of the appointment came. I was pretty sure I was about to be handed a death sentence. I never had a problem going to the dentist before. My dentist rocks! But this time, for the first time, I was scared to go to the dentist. The check up went just fine. All those days of worry for nothing. I had a few months of that kind of thinking on and off and then it started to fade. I think it's normal. I always remind myself that the body also has an amazing capacity to repair itself, if we give it what it needs. Just take good care of you, and put your focus on living a good, happy life. And even if something comes up that you have to deal with, health-wise, down the road, you and your body will be much stronger and better able to deal with it as a non-smoker.- Quitting is VERY HARD
You're rocking this quit! I admire how well you made it through the tough moments. Keep it going! It just gets better and better from here. :D- chicks or sticks
- Oh, the possibilities!
- Wednesday 20 th September 2017
Important Information
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.