Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jeffrey

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jeffrey

  1. Hi Ava- No, definitely not, "stupid problems," and these are things that are important to you. I've been out of school a long time and doing this life and responsible jazz a long time. I don't like the responsibilities and grown-up game too much, either. But, don't you change anything if you feel young or reflect back to that on the inside. There's a line in a movie and the woman (just middle aged) fears she is getting older, and the angel says to her, " Don't worry about that...you were born young and will always be young. It's all an inside job, Ava. I pray that you and me and the others who replied and feel the same way stay young forever ! :) Paul
  2. Hi Everyone- My first topic as a Newbie. My quit is going well and I am following all the suggestions and using all the tools to my best ability. Had to share this with you: Today and a few times this week the Demon or Nicodemon hasn't had anywhere to go because I've been strong and focused. Today I had a "blank-type" feeling and I had to affirm to myself, "Hey I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm ok, today." That nasty addiction had no where to go and wanted me to feel bad just for the sake of it. How insidious, how cunning! Please excuse me for personifying the "demon," as I call it. I do it for conversational-purposes...I know that I am ultimately responsible for my quit. I feel this demon trick (and laughed at the absurdity of it after I caught on) was one of my first newbie awakenings and some sign of growth for me. Did/does this stuff ever happen to you? Meaning, things are going well and the addiction (and me) looks to sabotage it. I was a bit hesitant to start a topic, being so new. All of you have been so greatly supportive ! You need to know I don't feel I got it all together... on this Forum, I'm probably still the Head Nut in the Nutella Factory! :D :rolleyes: :D All My Best, Jeffrey
  3. NOPE...No Way...Nada...Nil...Zilch...NOPE ! :)
  4. Mason- Congrats on 3 Months !!! :D
  5. Holski-Congrats on 3- Months. Great Job. They are all great, but something about 3-months...great milestone and proof it can be done. Thanks! Jeff
  6. Hi- I really admire you. You are reinforcing for me the idea that, there is no good reason to smoke, to pick up, again! Remember when you had my time, counting days? Posts like yours are so encouraging to me. Of course, I am dismayed to hear of your medical problems, so I hope that gets straightened out. Congrats on one solid year of not smoking. Jeffrey
  7. NOPE, NOPE, NOPE !!!
  8. Blondie-Congrats on 3-Weeks. Awesome ! :D Jeffrey
  9. Congrats on 2-Months. Awesome. :D I can't wait to get there and you are telling me it can be done. Thanks. Jeffrey
  10. Wiley-Congrats on 8 Months.....that's a lot of days of Freedom! Awesome! :D Jeffrey
  11. Frez- Congrats on 2-Years...what a Milestone. Just Marvelous ! :D Jeffrey
  12. Sarah- Congrats of (5) Months. Awesome !!! :D
  13. Action-I joined the Forum on September 12th and didn't know what was going on (still don't :huh: ). You were one of the first to welcome me that day and then help me out with some site information. Next day, you sent me a follow- up to see how I was doing. All this on or around your 11 month anniversary. I can see why you are a success. Thanks for all your help. I read all your posts. Congrats to a cool guy! Jeffrey
  14. Bonnie- You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. That is an enormous challenge to a parent and to an ex-smoker. Your post helped many. I'll be thinking of you both. Jeffrey
  15. Thank you, Gabby. It means much to me that you posted. I wasn't here for your 2nd Anniversary. What a major accomplishment. What a big boost it is for me and others to see that you said, NO, one day at a time for over two years...WOW ! Congrats. Jeffrey
  16. Great story. Great example of all the associations and the urges/thoughts that follow. Those associations to smoking were embedded into every fiber of me, but they are slowly dissipating. A longtimer told me that I have to go through "all the Seasons,"....every scenario. Maybe many times, but a day at a time. I salute you for saying, no and an eight hour ride is no small feat, either. I figure you didn't really want to smoke, because even though that store clerk was an Angel, you know us...we would have went to the next store. You certainly helped everyone by sharing your resolve. Thank you !
  17. Tracey- You can see the freedom and happiness on both of your faces. Who doesn't love nature. Yet, what we put ourselves through with the smoking, was un-natural ! I feel we have all been transformed, when we broke away from the prison of nicotine. So happy to see you enjoying it all! Jeff
  18. Tracey / Devil Doll / Wiley / SanDar /Sazerac / Hugglemonster / Nancy/ Doreen......EVERYONE! Thank you for noticing me and acknowledging. I feel a bit embarrassed, a bit excited but whole bunches of gratitude. Glad to be a part of this group and I'll do anything I can if you need it. All My Best, Jeff
  19. Thank you. I am overwhelmed. Beside the freedom form not smoking, my best gift yet is finding all of you on Quit Train. You're the Best ! Jeff
  20. Chrispy- Hello, just my third day on the Forum. I was doing some reading and surfing and came across your reply to another member. Wow, this is to the point and (although I am doing fine) what I need to remember. I have a folder in M/Soft Word and when something like what you wrote gets my attention, I copy and paste it for future study. Now I hope (I believe it's Tracey[?]) they got the help they needed. For me, I have went back and read it three times, just to keep myself straight. You kicked my butt every time. (lol). Funny, but TRUE! For me, Monday (9/15) will be 6 weeks and I am coming along. Wish you all my best, too. Jeff
  21. Susana- I am a newbie again. I had two years that ended July 2011. I am back and I am back for me. I don't have the "credits" in my opinion, to offer any suggestions but one and no comments but one: Never quit, quitting smoking. My comment: We are what we make up our minds to be.....what will it be for you. (((hugs))) Jeffrey
  22. Holski-Thanks so much for the welcome. I read your two quotes at the bottom and you have a great sense of humor. I love to laugh and need to do more while going through these early days...cause, if you must know, I'm the Head Nutella ! :wacko:
  23. Jackie- Thank you, your "welcome" to me is/was a big boost. Hope we make contact again. I like that you tell it like it is. No nonsense when it comes to this addiction. Take care. Jeffrey

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.