Everything posted by Still winning
-
Jackie
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love youuuuuu, tomorrow, you're only a day awaaaayyyyyyyyy :)
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
Want me to hex his sorry ass, bloody cowboys!! I don't like anyone starting on me bested nekkid mus wrestling partners :(
-
new quitter.....
Phew!! Brilliant effort. xx
-
Mid Life Misery for Women only
oh holy cow I was worried until I got to the word "fan" Beacon...was worried about over abundant frig...well anyway...let me know how you're doing. Both cause I worry and apparently starting periods at 9 mean starting the whole meno plan early. Hoping you're feeling more positive my lovely. xx
-
Interior design types... please heed my call to arms :)
Task lighting? Is that like layered lighting which is where my thoughts were going?
-
Interior design types... please heed my call to arms :)
ooo, that looks better doesn't it :) Sharon/Chrysalis, you're genius ladies *mwah* x
-
Photo Share
Lol, brilliant. I always say about my little one, face of an angel, mind of a terrorist haha.
-
Chantix users
Ah I see, well I'm all for personal choice :) You say 1/2 tablet made you have more craves but 3/4 doesn't? That sounds like it can fit with your structured plan above of limiting the time and quantity on them ok. Hopefully someone else will have an experience to share. If not, I think your plan sounds just fine. x
-
Chantix users
I came off mine super early (day 5, due to side effects) and I don't remember feeling more craves...but then I was very early quit so maybe someone else can help and answer. I would think at one month quit you'd be ok on them for longer or is it a personal choice thing? x
-
Interior design types... please heed my call to arms :)
erm, not done the silver yet lol, can you pick it up from the bit near the bottom of the exercise bike...or from the side of the sky box? Just looking for an idea so no probs if you can't. x
-
Interior design types... please heed my call to arms :)
Yes Sharon, I always had black wrought iron lights/clock etc but was swapping that for silvers and thinking silver motif on table tops etc. Hey Chrys, can you do your thing with the silver/gray from above?
-
Interior design types... please heed my call to arms :)
Yeah as there's no natural daylight more dark would be too much. It's because behind is a big kitchen extension but it means thatroom has no window. Chrys that's awesome what you did though!! It shows me it'll look a garish no matter what I do though, hmmm. Back to the drawing board I think, maybe new furniture will be needed.
-
August 30th NOPE Saturday
nope.
-
Photo Share
Aw Gemma, Lovin the bling :) Thank you Doreen, I am super lucky to have my two beauties. xx
-
GEMZEE Deserves a two day Party!!
HUGE congrats on 1 year Gem, that's amazing!! xx
-
sos / vent
oh goodness, arguments are horrid but if he's stormed off to bed then that's all done. ((Wendy)) Smoking won't help though sweetie. How about some distraction or planning something nice for yourself along the treat line. That takes the sting straight out of a crave. Can you safely go for a walk, or go to sleep yourself, or clean something, or book a manicure with the money you will save...anything like that? xx
-
new quitter.....
My sam, or another sam? Either way .... if you are going cold turkey your blood sugar levels will jump around. Try and drink some fruit juice, take sips, as if you don't you may get a tired sensation which feels like a crave. Within ... 20 minutes Your blood pressure, pulse rate and the temperature of your hands and feet have returned to normal. 8 hours Remaining nicotine in your bloodstream has fallen to 6.25% of normal peak daily levels, a 93.75% reduction. 12 hours Your blood oxygen level has increased to normal. Carbon monoxide levels have dropped to normal. 24 hours Anxieties have peaked in intensity and within two weeks should return to near pre-cessation levels. 48 hours Damaged nerve endings have started to regrow and your sense of smell and taste are beginning to return to normal. Cessation anger and irritability will have peaked. 72 hours Your entire body will test 100% nicotine-free and over 90% of all nicotine metabolites (the chemicals it breaks down into) will now have passed from your body via your urine. Symptoms of chemical withdrawal have peaked in intensity, including restlessness. The number of cue induced crave episodes experienced during any quitting day have peaked for the "average" ex-user. Lung bronchial tubes leading to air sacs (alveoli) are beginning to relax in recovering smokers. Breathing is becoming easier and your lung's functional abilities are starting to increase. 5 - 8 days The "average" ex-smoker will encounter an "average" of three cue induced crave episodes per day. Although we may not be "average" and although serious cessation time distortion can make minutes feel like hours, it is unlikely that any single episode will last longer than 3 minutes. Keep a clock handy and time them. 10 days 10 days - The "average" ex-user is down to encountering less than two crave episodes per day, each less than 3 minutes. 10 days to 2 weeks Recovery has likely progressed to the point where your addiction is no longer doing the talking. Blood circulation in your gums and teeth are now similar to that of a non-user. x
-
Got no mates!
Aw thanks Crys. I absolutely have this, for me and so many others! I continue to drag quitters screaming to this place of freedom because, well, it's good here! I can whine a little, the it's tough at times and wow, why be difficult but this place and this time is a million times better then when I smoked! I won't fail! I will be honest though, so when others struggle they see it can still be done. x
-
Funny and inspirational pics go here :)
- Photo Share
Sheesh...where you been lol. This is what happens when you go off enjoying real life and miss what's happening..... Happy almost a year dude :)- Interior design types... please heed my call to arms :)
Yes mirror and photo frames to be cream :) You think do the whole thing cream?- Interior design types... please heed my call to arms :)
SO My mums a bit knackered so she has the lounge for a bedroom now, which leaves me an itty bitty dining room attached to my kitchen to make into my little sanctuary of crazy :) I chose the colours of silver, cream and aubergine (Cadburys purple for the guys lol). And am working on it a bit at a time. Side tables and toy box have been shabbied (painted for the guys) and black stuff is being replaced with silver piece by piece. Artwork, cushions etc are to be anne stokes whose work is amazing! But what to do with the oak unit that currently hides a ton of toys and houses the Tv and other boy gadget stuff which means I need a shedload of handsets? Do I paint the whole thing cream? Just paint the doors and drawers cream? Leave the doors and drawers andpaint the bits around those? Argh! I wish I were a millionnaire so someone came and did this stuff for me and I had a boat :) This unit- This or That game
Always pick a prince!! Relaxing beach type or stuff to do adventure type holidays? (vacations?)- Photo Share
me n the loves of my life Me and my sisters, old photo (I'm on the right) Me and Helga the horrible, also known as my Mum on my last night owning my pub I miss being able to drink jaeger bombs and stagger upstairs to bed But then I have these... look what I made :)- Throw back Thursday
HA!! It's taken me over a sodding day as it's friday now but by jove - I think she got it :) Me age 7 with my sister Suzi. - Photo Share