Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. 7 Lido Celebrations????? I just remembered .............. I have an emergency vacation coming up I think tomorrow? Sorry but you're gonna have to get someone to fill in for me Oh and ....... there's NO porridge anymore. They don't make it any longer ...... I checked (twice)!
  2. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    14
  3. I just wanted to add something for you peeps who are 7 or 8 months or even a year into your quits. I''m a year and a half in now and I can tell you for sure, I feel A LOT more confident now than I did at even a year so ........ if you are still feeling those small occasional moments of uncertainty, it does still get better as you build even more time into your quit. I just went through a whole pile of life crap in one month and the stress levels were very high for some time yet not once did the thought of having a smoke enter my mind in terms of making things better - not once!! I can't say the same would have been true at even 1 year quit so ........ it does still keep getting better and better the longer you just say NOPE
  4. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    12 I can stay up 24/7 and play this game endlessly now that I don't have to be a productive member of society any longer
  5. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    12 LOL - there's stuff I still haven't found and we are probably only 1/2 way unpacked
  6. Yes, don't rush the process because you can't. You need to let it all happen and deal with the craves for the first while then the readjustment of your way of thinking as it relates to smoking. You'll see. Over time smoking just no longer fits into your life and you don't subconsciously think about needing a cig. after you experience some sort of emotion whether that be sadness, joy, boredom or loneliness. Life is so much better after you pay your quitting dues and, you'll never, ever have to go through this again Just carry on through these early days and come here to rant and rave when you need to.
  7. Yours is like my cat - bites first asks questions later!
  8. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    12 My entire live is a holiday now that I'm retired. I'm just holidaying at home for the moment - lol.
  9. Hey Garry! We are all special in our own way because we are who we are. Whether we were planned or not ..... who really knows? I don't know if I was or not either. I'm a June baby and sandwiched between twin sisters and a baby brother so I was kind of in no man's land as a kid. You know, that kid in the middle? Never cared much about that because I was OK with who I was and embraced life with as many others outside my family circle as I could. Glad to know you as a non smoker and I am happy you are here with the rest of us winners
  10. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    12
  11. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    ate
  12. 8 is Great Gabes! Congrats. Keep moving toward that 1 year mark
  13. Reciprocity replied to Sazerac's topic in Socializing
    That's a monster storm for sure. Get out of it's way sooner rather than later if you think you might be in it's path! Look at how it's affecting all the weather patterns around it too! That's a huge chunk of the Atlantic and Caribbean oceans that are seeing some sort of impact to weather patterns Stay safe Johnny! Hope you and all your folk fair OK through this storm
  14. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  15. Hope you celebrated your new milestone Matty! 5 months is fabulous
  16. Congrats Rose! You are well on your way to being smoke free for life
  17. Although I was firm in my commitment to myself never to smoke again right from the first, I think it was about 6 to 7 months in before I really knew I had turned the corner on this addiction and that I had faced pretty much every battle it could through at me. From that point forward I was somehow just more confident that I wouldn't waver in my commitment to quitting.
  18. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -1
  19. Reciprocity replied to MLMR's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Remember that every time you do battle with this addiction that tries to keep you a slave to serving it's needs, you are breaking down your "smoker's brain" and laying the foundation for the rest of your non-smoking life. It does happen ..... a little at a time. Small battles in a big war
  20. Wonderful accomplishment Diane! Way to go
  21. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.